Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Have has Rysavy been?
He's brought well needed sandpaper for MJ's top line and has stayed in that role for a while for a reason. He's pretty relentless in net front and seems to win fair share of his corner battles at junior level. Good defensive stick. Speed has probably been the biggest issue with him since he was drafted, and while I think he's taken strides forward he still might not be quick enough to regularly beat pro defenders on a dump-in puck race for example and show his value in those types of plays. Offensively I haven't seen lots of improvement from previous seasons but imo his skillset looks fine for someone projected to be a checking player at higher levels.

Anyway I wouldn't mind at all if CBJ decided to sign him to an ELC. I can imagine him being a solid bottom-line player for them one day.

WHL Defenceman of the Year
WHL Playoffs MVP
WHL Champion

------------

Memorial Cup schedule (@Cowumbus All games on TSN and NHL Network):
1715859599311.png

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I looked up Makar & Fox timelines and iot appears that Mateychuk's post draft time is similar so if he is at their level I agree with camp should tell the story. So if he can surplant Provorov- that's his hurdle?
I am not arguing for DM to play in Cleveland or Columbus next season but it's not apples to apples to compare two kids who played college hockey to a kid who played Canadian Juniors. Makar and Fox were playing against older, bigger and more physical kids than DM is seeing on a nightly basis in the WHL.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Will be interesting to see if the CBJ signs him. I don't think he's anything more than AHL depth. In my viewings, I have not been impressed. Maybe he makes enough of a stride to be on the radar. To me, that's one of the tough things for the new GM. There will be a few players to make decisions on signing. I think he's one of them.

Reactions: CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad