OT: Down the Wabit Hole (Boredom Thread)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Rough plans are:
-Move to Daytona for Embry, Aerospace Engineering,
-AZ online for ECE, maybe swap it to aerospace and rent an apartment for the year of in person stuff.
-ASU online for astronomical and planetary sciences.

If the schools all say I'm too dumb to do the smart people stuff, I'll go in person to Beloit College (not a bad commute), or online somewhere and figure things out as I go. I could do the Madison or MKE in person commute, but I'd play chicken with a tree if I had to drive in those cities daily.
Embry-Riddle, huh? That's a boyhood dream of mine. Go **** yourself. Also, I hope you get in and knock it out of the park. :)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Embry-Riddle, huh? That's a boyhood dream of mine. Go **** yourself. Also, I hope you get in and knock it out of the park. :)

The only reason it's an option is because the inlaws are in FL. I've resigned myself to the fast we're going to be moving down there within a few years so the wife can take care of her mom anyways.

I've been looking at some 5-10 acre properties within driving distance of the school So we can put a 2nd house on the property along with a couple of conex containers for my hoarder MIL so she's not paying $15k a year in storage fees. She's not adding anything new, just won't get rid of anything.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but it's for me not the kid. Uncle Sam will be footing the bill for the schooling. I'm just waiting for the wheels of bureaucracy to spin enough to spit out that approval letter. FAFSA is done.

I'm mostly looking at online schooling, since there's one one school I'd move to attend in person. This all scares the hell outta me.
Glad you're using your GI Bill. Make sure you put in for the MN 9/11 bonus too if you haven't already as well. State does have some offerings that you may wanna look into BEFORE you change your Drivers License to something else lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad