Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
inb4

Game 1 we look sleepy as hell and get down, just fall short of a comeback.
Game 2 we win 3-2 OT
Games 3-4: lose both at home
Game 5: 4-2 win
Game 6: 2-1 loss

Thanks - that was really informative. I hope this isn't the result but this does feel very likely. I hoping that we win at least one at home and then squeak out a win in OT of G7.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Another article from The Athletic on the match:

I had to laugh when Michael Russo pretty much said nada to any weaknesses in our team. I mean, come on - hadn't he watched the last couple of games?! I like his rosy spectacles although it does make me nervous... I appreciate finally having a beat writer for the Panthers at the Athletic (albeit one borrowed from the Wild) but I heard in a podcast that Russo used to be the beat writer for us years ago. Was he any good? Do we have any other beat writers on other platforms?

Russo has a soft spot for Panthers for sure. He's my favourite Panthers beat writer, current and former. Has a good writing style and is informative.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I expect that Rempe will continue to target Forsling like he was in late season match-ups.
It Laviolette wants to play hin for 5 mins a game. Go ahead.

Bob is getting dragged a lot for that .902 Sv%

Not that he cares, but it's happening.
Bob made many timely saves. He isnt facing the workload He had last year. Imo, He saved is several Times and kept us in a lot of games

whitefang

May 5, 2024
Iona, FL
Panthers walking into MSG tomorrow!
e51c3423-b826-476c-a585-62ebd0bddb6c_text.gif

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Thanks - that was really informative. I hope this isn't the result but this does feel very likely. I hoping that we win at least one at home and then squeak out a win in OT of G7.
This is a joke right ?

What this series is showing before it even starts is how little people know about hockey, their teams and just good common sense. The main board is just one big disaster and this last post is the gold standard kind of post you would see there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boothinator

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
This is a joke right ?

What this series is showing before it even starts is how little people know about hockey, their teams and just good common sense. The main board is just one big disaster and this last post is the gold standard kind of post you would see there.
The more negativity the more gooder we do

Its a proven fact

The last series i was confident on was vegas, aint neva makin that mistake again

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This is a joke right ?

Most people on the board are either saying Rangers or Panthers in 6 or 7. Fairly well split in the middle which it should be. There is a few vocal outliers. But there always is.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
This is a joke right ?

Wow - OK. Seems like I hit a nerve there, mate...

I'm open about the fact that I'm new to hockey but from what I've read and listened to, it doesn't feel like it's completely absurd to believe this series is close and could go 6 or 7 either way - indeed, that seems to be a consensus view. And we should be the first to know that anything can happen in sports. Would I like us to win in 4 or 5? Of course, but it doesn't seem very likely. And I admit to nerves, particularly given the performance in the last couple of games.

Besides, as others have said, no need to anger the hockey gods at the beginning by being too cocky.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Wow - OK. Seems like I hit a nerve there, mate...

I'm open about the fact that I'm new to hockey but from what I've read and listened to, it doesn't feel like it's completely absurd to believe this series is close and could go 6 or 7 either way - indeed, that seems to be a consensus view. And we should be the first to know that anything can happen in sports. Would I like us to win in 4 or 5? Of course, but it doesn't seem very likely. And I admit to nerves, particularly given the performance in the last couple of games.

Besides, as others have said, no need to anger the hockey gods at the beginning by being too cocky.
So it’s important you note you are new to hockey so am I to where I’m not a veteran like many posters here.
Don’t overthink things you have a super talented team be confident that the Panthers will hopefully continue to be productive and hopefully win the series. Don’t go game by game as if you know something that is silly.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
After watching endless youtube previews,

I am convinced we have no shot. Special teams too good. We can't handle Trocheck's line. And Shesterkin is too good and Bob has been bad.

Sad face that we are taking a step back =(.
Colby Cohen from Daily Faceoff actually picked US.

Rangers Fans will be surprised when they play a Real Team

Also :

Attachments

• 1716335627477.png
    1716335627477.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad