Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
On paper it's a wash. Maybe slight edge to the Rangers when naming defense.
Barky Mika, wash.
Benny Vince, wash.
Chucky Kreidizzzle, wash.
Panarin Reinhart, wash.

...wash wash wash...

But have the Rangers lived the last year with the same hunger that the Panthers have?

Reactions: VIMMM

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Craig Button chose us too, the kiss of death.
Negated by Bissonette choosing Rangers.

It's so over

On paper it's a wash. Maybe slight edge to the Rangers when naming defense.
Barky Mika, wash.
Benny Vince, wash.
Chucky Kreidizzzle, wash.
Panarin Reinhart, wash.

...wash wash wash...

But have the Rangers lived the last year with the same hunger that the Panthers have?
If Barky and Mika is a wash, that's an objective failure by Barkov.

He should be far and away the best skater in this series for the Panthers to win as he is objectively the best player in this series not including goalies

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The fate of you Ranger fans lies back in some historic time. The great MSG will yet be another killing ground for our Cats. We will plunder take your woman and children and most of all your hearts…..you have no chance.

GO CATS !!!!!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
You thought you heard ESPN talk a lot about Penguins making the playoffs? Just wait till they tell you about this new superstar Rempe

Reactions: Great8Cam and iam76

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

It's so over

He should be far and away the best skater in this series for the Panthers to win as he is objectively the best player in this series not including goalies

They can both do it all on both ends of the ice, as both are great defensively every night no matter what.

If Mika has a bad night offensively it's because he's just a little off or unlucky. If Barky has a bad night offensively it's because he chose not to shoot or chose to not sacrifice defense for offense. Both appear to happen just as often as the other.

Objectively, yes- Barkov is by far and away the most talented, surely no argument from me there. It's my opinion that he's 2nd only to McDavid there. But we know that's not everything in a team game, so I feel choosing one or the other is entirely subjective and dependant on the rest of the team and flow of the game. Both will be a threat to put 3-5 pts up in any combination on any given night, so to me- wash.

Reactions: VIMMM

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Isles fan coming in peace. I’m jumping on your bandwagon if there’s room.

Be forewarned, the Rags dive more than any team in the league. Keep them off the PP. They’re not that great 5 vs 5. Watch out for the flying elbows from Trouba and put the body on Panarin. He’s a great player but he hates contact.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

Be forewarned, the Rags dive more than any team in the league. Keep them off the PP. They’re not that great 5 vs 5. Watch out for the flying elbows from Trouba and put the body on Panarin. He’s a great player but he hates contact.
Oh here we go 🙄🙄🙄🙄

All seriousness, yes- the Panthers have brought those like you and I together for decades now.

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
Not sure why I can't like posts, but these old tweets you post mean f***ing everything. We lived that.

Outside of the recent runs, that was the most fun I've had as a Panther fan. The ALWGAP was guaranteed almost every night and holds a special place in my heart since I started dating my now wife because we linked up at a game together in which we beat Pittsburgh and rode back to the Treasure Coast together. If they'd lost, we probably wouldn't be together

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

We do have a soft spot for Denis Potvin

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We do have a soft spot for Denis Potvin
Such a soft spot that I've abandoned the traditional chant about his socks altogether!
Outside of the recent runs, that was the most fun I've had as a Panther fan. The ALWGAP was guaranteed almost every night and holds a special place in my heart since I started dating my now wife because we linked up at a game together in which we beat Pittsburgh and rode back to the Treasure Coast together. If they'd lost, we probably wouldn't be together
Someone like this post for me lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

It's so over

Yeah I don’t know what those comparisons are. Barkov is way better than Zibanejad.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So Armando Velez who does a podcast called ‘ Locked on Panthers ‘ picks the Rangers in 6. This surprises me Chucky really broke out in last years ECF and I think he is our ace in the hole. I also think recent experience means so much that clearly favors the Cats. I am not predicting anything but to say the strengths of both teams are different and how those strengths are managed will dictate the final results and I wouldn’t undervalue how that will play out and nobody knows. Picking a winner this early before the first game is played is silly. Armando’s best strategy was to stay nuetral until some games are played.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Just no dumb penalties. Keep the sticks low, and no bench penalties(a la Montgomery)
Keep the Rangers at 5v5 and I like our chances. And if Chucky and Reinhart can get hot scoring some goals.

Reactions: PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad