Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Rangers forwards need to do way better at back-checking. They did not appear especially diligent or interested the last couple of games.
My wish is for them to become extremely interested in doing that.

After much rumination, I've decided that I also wish to see them try to score goals throughout the game, perhaps even with a bit of crazy high effort level. Yes, that too would be good.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
After much rumination, I've decided that I also wish to see them try to score goals throughout the game, perhaps even with a bit of crazy high effort level. Yes, that too would be good.
If the solution was that simple, everyone would be doing that.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well, I guess Florida isn’t a championship quality team either.

These are 2 good teams battling every night. I expect the next game to be close.
I'm sure Florida is having some similar type locker room conversations and feelings to NY after not closing out game 5. But those game 5's were VERY different.

Again, it's not so much that the Rangers lost game 5. It's understandable and no one expects anyone to go 16-0 in the playoffs, it's the way the game went and the lack of urgency and killer instinct that I think people are wondering about.

If you watched the Florida v Boston game last night it was a closely contested game and in the last minutes of the 3rd Florida made a huge push to tie things up.

The Rangers were just off the entire game more or less, and especially once Carolina tied it up on the Staal goal there wasn't any resilience shown, unlike earlier in the series, to get back to it and retake the lead.

It doesn't mean the Rangers can't win the championship... but almost certainly not if they play like they did in game 5.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
1000004696.jpg

Let's go Rangers.

Carolina gets it.

Both teams have had periods of organization and disorganization. The difference is Carolina works every shift, every period.

The rosters iced this series, sans injured/benched, NY has the talent advantage. Every period they lose, every game they've lost, was due to Carolina out working them. Playing smarter, more organized, feet moving, and disciplined. Not, more talented.

When NYR plays hard from minute 60 to minute 0...they win. Simple.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm sure Florida is having some similar type locker room conversations and feelings to NY after not closing out game 5. But those game 5's were VERY different.

Again, it's not so much that the Rangers lost game 5. It's understandable and no one expects anyone to go 16-0 in the playoffs, it's the way the game went and the lack of urgency and killer instinct that I think people are wondering about.

If you watched the Florida v Boston game last night it was a closely contested game and in the last minutes of the 3rd Florida made a huge push to tie things up.

The Rangers were just off the entire game more or less, and especially once Carolina tied it up on the Staal goal there wasn't any resilience shown, unlike earlier in the series, to get back to it and retake the lead.

It doesn't mean the Rangers can't win the championship... but almost certainly not if they play like they did in game 5.
Exactly. Florida's game 5 vs the Rangers game 5 was night and day. The Rangers almost looked like they were completely disinterested in game 5 from the puck drop. Maybe they went easy thinking the Canes were just going to roll over and die. Hopefully, they learned from it and end the series tomorrow.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

100% agree with this. Once Carolina went up 2-1 I knew it was over. There was zero killer instinct from a vet group at home, which is what I am worried about.

I said this before but right from puck drop things seemed off for NY. Missing passes, lack of chances, bad decisions all over the ice. Rangers were lucky to even be up 1-0 going into the 3rd.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The vibes for Knicks winning at home to go up 3-2 were better than the Rangers winning the series 4-1 at home. Makes sense knowing the outcome of those MSG games. Rangers had rancid winning vibes b/c Knicks were just perfect vibes.

Rangers in 6 without the distraction of Knicks vibes in the Carolinas. As much as we would like to think otherwise, Jalen Brunson commands the ship that is MSG Vibes.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
The vibes for Knicks winning at home to go up 3-2 were better than the Rangers winning the series 4-1 at home. Makes sense knowing the outcome of those MSG games. Rangers had rancid winning vibes b/c Knicks were just perfect vibes.

Rangers in 6 without the distraction of Knicks vibes in the Carolinas. As much as we would like to think otherwise, Jalen Brunson commands the ship that is MSG Vibes.
Huh

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
I heard they might miss the game. Went to the wrong Carolina. Team bus got stuck on a nascar track and now they are endlessly turning left in circles.
I heard the bus took a wrong turn and wound up in Lexington, stopped at a pig-pickin' they spotted to ask directions, and now they're being held hostage by some damn Western-style BBQ terrorists who won't release them until they submit to participating in videos where they state ketchup is a valid ingredient for making sauce.

If they refuse, they'll be force-fed some of that yellow, mustardy goo from SC that everyone agrees is shit but is kept on hand for occasions when waterboarding isn't enough.

It's a real shame.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I heard the bus took a wrong turn and wound up in Lexington, stopped at a pig-pickin' they spotted to ask directions, and now they're being held hostage by some damn Western-style BBQ terrorists who won't release them until they submit to participating in videos where they state ketchup is a valid ingredient for making sauce.

If they refuse, they'll be force-fed some of that yellow, mustardy goo from SC that everyone agrees is shit but is kept on hand for occasions when waterboarding isn't enough.

It's a real shame.
you're halfway home on the reverse sweep theory!---i have carolina vs fla in my next round bracket

of course i had colorado to win it all so i'll drown my sorrows with a little joe walsh music

good cross thread multi tasking by me eh??

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
GDT is up

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad