Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
First of all I agree that Oilers deserved to win as they did push the play for most of the series. However I'd probably chill with the bravado of beating them with their 3rd string goalie and taking game 7 by a goal. Oilers are a bounce or two from losing the series themselves even though they played better. Good luck moving forward hope we see a great series as it's been so far.
I'm fine with embracing some humility on the circumstances but I don't get this "third string goalie" point so many people make. Demko would not have been any better. He is still ranked ahead, because of consistency over time, but thats not a measure for a single series. Silovs was brilliant in the series and at the very least turned DeSmith into the third stringer. It's an insult to Silovs to make goaltending one of the reasons the Canucks lost.

Reactions: Grub

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm fine with embracing some humility on the circumstances but I don't get this "third string goalie" point so many people make. Demko would not have been any better. He is still ranked ahead, because of consistency over time, but thats not a measure for a single series. Silovs was brilliant in the series and at the very least turned DeSmith into the third stringer. It's an insult to Silovs to make goaltending one of the reasons the Canucks lost.
Silvos played great and we didn't lose because of him. However in my opinion the Canucks would have played with more confidence in front of Demko and not "cheated" to stay in a more defensive structure in front of the rookie. Regardless Oilers played better and deserved to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad