Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
okay I have to ask , ask a Canucks fan...why not Florida?
I (think)totally get why the Rangers or Oilers would make you physically ill
I'm guessing because Florida has never won it before so if they do there will be one less team in Canuck's boat and one more team that has accomplished more than them.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Dallas or Florida. Both well-built teams. I admire Dallas in particular for their ability to find gems in the draft. Losing Jim Nill will haunt the Red Wings for another 20 years.

Oilers lucked into a generational talent after drafting 1st overall four times in six years. Nothing against their fans, who played no role, but I find that hard to root for. Holland is a below-average GM, and if they win, it will be in spite of him.

New York, I'll just say that the attitudes of certain posters on this site and others put me off somewhat. I know it's not representative of an entire city, but tends to be more noticeable among the largest fanbases. Call it a numbers game. Big fan of Panarin, though.

But in any case, I'm happy with this final four and wouldn't lose sleep over any of the teams winning. Sure beats watching the Lightning, Penguins, Hawks, etc. of the past 15 years.

man, it was 8 freakin years ago. 8. And only nuge and Mcdavid remain. Weird that some ppl like you just can’t let it go. The entire team changes every year as well as the coach. Lol

The penguins basically did as well. It happens.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
i mostly cheer against the non canucks canadian teams but also have a fondness for cheering against teams getting their first title

this coming final is looking like a real f*** of a sophie's choice but nahhh not even close

if edmonton makes the final call me joe panther

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
i mostly cheer against the non canucks canadian teams but also have a fondness for cheering against teams getting their first title

this coming final is looking like a real f*** of a sophie's choice but nahhh not even close

if edmonton makes the final call me joe panther
Opposite, I’ll cheer for the Canadian team, or a team that’s never won one.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Florida and Dallas. If it comes down to both of them, Florida. Sun belt team that is damn fun to watch and Paul Maurice is a gem of a coach and usually makes for a hell of an interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panteras

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What's funny that for years as an Oiler fan who didn't get to see playoffs for that long stretch, I gained a soft spot for the Panthers. But of course I hope this thread is never for me.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Even though Florida just ousted my team, I am still pulling for them to win the Cup. I always root for teams to win their first Cup. Now, if it was Vancouver instead of Edmonton, I'd be rooting for the Canucks.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad