Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille and Blake stay)

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If they give Hiller more than 1 year, that is a sign of insanity... 1 year pretty much guarantees the whole lot of them are gone after next wasted season.
They are not signing anyone on a 1 year deal, it’d but utter incompetence. They’d be essentially stating they have no confidence in their hire.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
They are not signing anyone on a 1 year deal, it’d but utter incompetence. They’d be essentially stating they have no confidence in their hire.
I think you all are right re contract length. My main thesis is I believe AEG is saying.. Bluc, you made your bed, we dont have confidence in how you spend our $$ and we are not going to spend on a high profile new coach since we are already on the hook for your illadvised Koala extension for 5mil. So Hiller is a cheap hire, they'll give him 2 or 3 years just because 1 year I agree is too obvious of an indictment of the regime and not fair to Hiller.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I would be shocked if Luc's is on the hot seat, probably a lifetime job security if he wants it. Hiller is well liked, and many I hear like his potential as a new coach. I wouldn't read into "Blake can't hire anyone else due to ownership" i feel ownership knows the plan and is gi ing Luc and Blake the sign-off. I think fans over think things. Blake may lose his job if he doesn't get past the first round is a possibility, but I am not sold on these ideas Blake can't sign a coach on a multi year deal. Again I said I doubt either Blake or Luc would get fired at the end of the season. Cherry up fam, we get to see some of the kids starting this upcoming season.

Last edited:
Reactions: yankeeking

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I would be shocked if Luc's is on the hot seat, probably a lifetime job security if he wants it. Hiller is well liked, and many I hear like his potential as a new coach. I wouldn't read into "Blake can't hire anyone else due to ownership" i feel ownership knows the plan and is gi ing Luc and Blake the sign-off. I think fans over think things. Blake may lose his job if he doesn't get past the first round is a possibility, but I am not sold on these ideas Blake can't sign a coach on a multi year deal. Again I said I doubt either Blake or Luc would get fired at the end of the season. Cherry up fam, we get to see some of the kids starting this upcoming season.
The plan is to not care about doing what it takes to be a champion as long as the team makes money.

Most of us will not cheer nor cherry up because we may get to see some kids this season with some of those kids only appearing because they will be lost to waivers if they don't make the team and Bluc capped the team out already.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Neither Turcotte or Thomas had played a full season yet , they survived a year in the A and looked more than capable of holding their own this year in their cups of coffee, they both looked good in the game sunday especially Turcotte who was up and down the ice and scored also and Thomas hit and forechecked well . Will still be up against the cap and will need their salaries

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The plan is to not care about doing what it takes to be a champion as long as the team makes money.

Most of us will not cheer nor cherry up because we may get to see some kids this season with some of those kids only appearing because they will be lost to waivers if they don't make the team and Bluc capped the team out already.
As long as the majority of fans are victims of Stockholm syndrome, we’re all screwed.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
This is probably true. Everyone is coming up with theories on why Blake is really still here or why Hiller is staying or this and that, but the most likely scenario is that Beckerman and AEG simply wholeheartedly believe the garbage coming out of Luc and Rob’s mouths and approve of it. Besides, Blake was honest from the beginning that the plan all along was to become a just-get-in playoff team like Nashville. Neither ownership or management see anything wrong whatsoever with their process, in their minds they’ve just gotten unlucky to run into a bad draw 3 years in a row.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I still do not think PLD is on the team next year and Blake can't obviously say we are going to buy him out because why would anyone even entertain the idea of a trade if he had, Boston being so close and in need of a 2c just might panic enough if we retain some of his salary,the pressure is much higher to win in boston and ulmark might not be the best option but sure would be better than running it back with whats available and still having PLD ....................right right right

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
It’s not that I don’t like Hiller in a vacuum, but the fact that it signals almost zero change in how management is approaching things.

Mother f***er, this is gonna be a long & drawn out dumpster fire before things have a chance to head the right way.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I mean, it kind of doesn't matter, maybe there is a coach out there somewhere that could get something from this roster - but there is no one that can do it in the way BLuc would want. TMac had his faults but he also did some good things and was a little scapegoated as there are so many things wrong with the organization at the moment I don't even think you can put it all on the coach. Hiller is a nice guy and the guys like playing for him, he did make some adjustments I liked, but while he doesn't have a bad history, he doesn't have much of one altogether. At the very least, I do like that he is more of a fresh start and not on the same old head coach carousel.

Outside of that, I don't really think there is anyone who is going to be able to come in and do what BLuc wants done. Nobody is going to come in and keep our passive defensive bullshit system in place as-is, but also get rid of or rework the 1-3-1 to revitalize the offense and go on a playoff tear. Blake and Luc legitimately think this is a contender for the next 2-3 years. They're morons of the highest order. At this point, congratulations to Hiller for getting the contract out of them and good f***ing luck at earning your next job in the NHL after it is all said and done :laugh:

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I mean, it kind of doesn't matter, but there is probably a coach out there somewhere that could get something from this roster. TMac had his faults but he also did some good things and was a little scapegoated as there are so many things wrong with the organization at the moment I don't even think you can put it all on the coach. Hiller is a nice guy and the guys like playing for him, he did make some adjustments I liked, but while he doesn't have a bad history, he doesn't have much of one altogether. At the very least, I do like that he is more of a fresh start and not on the same old head coach carousel.

Outside of that, I don't really think there is anyone who is going to be able to come in and do what BLuc wants done. Nobody is going to come in and keep our passive defensive bullshit system in place as-is and revitalize the offense and go on a playoff tear. Blake and Luc legitimately think this is a contender for the next 2-3 years. They're morons of the highest order. At this point, congratulations to Hiller for getting the contract out of them and good f***ing luck at earning your next job in the NHL after it is all said and done :laugh:
I’m not trying to nitpick your post in the slightest, but there is something I just gotta say.

“He is a nice guy” has got to be the most loathsome phrase in the English language for me, when it comes to professionals.

It’s basically code for “He is f***in worthless”.

But, I digress, because I do mostly agree with ya.

Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I’m not trying to nitpick your post in the slightest, but there is something I just gotta say.

“He is a nice guy” has got to be the most loathsome phrase in the English language for me, when it comes to professionals.

It’s basically code for “He is f***in worthless”.

But, I digress, because I do mostly agree with ya.
Oh I agree with you and think it is the dumbest part of it all :P He is a chill dude and players like him, which isn't typically what you want in a coach and is overall kind of stupid, but at this point, he is a newcomer, he has a good story of being drafted by the Kings and becoming a head coach first with the Kings, and he isn't an idiot and shows some competency; but overall his highlights and qualifications are fluff shit like that and means nothing regarding icing a competitive hockey team.

I think they need their butts kicked for sure, but it doesn't matter. Blake thinks the Kings can re-adjust from the 1-3-1, maintain their defensive play, and get back on track offensively while also getting PLD going. Any ass-kicking coach of awesome is going to laugh and reject such a bullshit assignment. Maybe Hiller will surprise us, but he is like PLD in that he is as good of a tank commander as any, if this is all BLuc can do it isn't his fault and hopefully he can justify the trash we are about to witness over the next few years to other future prospective employers and teams :laugh:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I would add Joshua and Zadorov.

The problem with letting Roy go is the Kings already have the softest D in the league. The Oilers basically admitted the past two seasons playing the big D of Vegas and Vancouver has made life tough on them.

Has Doughty, Anderson (who McDavid ran twice in the past few seasons), Roy, and Gavrikov made it tough for the Oilers? Maybe Doughty has with some big hits, but the rest are soft besides Roy, who can be nasty.

So now the Kings insert Clarke into a top 4 of Doughty, Anderson, Gavrikov and Clarke. Wow, really tough D. Not only are they NOT mobile besides Clarke, they are small and soft.

Hiller will get hired and Sturm will either stay in Ontario or bolt for San Jose.

Blake and Luc stay at the helm again.

Add Spence at 5-11" that even smaller and softer right side. Vegas, as much as I hate them, has it figured out. Not a guy under 6-2" 200lbs, and all can skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad