G Sebastian Cossa - Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL (2021, 15th, DET)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Vasilevsky at 20 already in NHL under the same GM Cossa will be 22 next season. He should be between AHl and NHL next season
Vas is one of the greatest goalies of all time in my opinion. What he has been able to accomplish has been well out of the norm. If Cossa has half the career Vas has had, he’s a pretty good pick.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Admirals fan here. Not going to pretend that I know what I am talking about as far as evaluating goaltending but he was really impressive this series. There cannot be many goaltending prospects above him. The movement skills on that frame are just something you don't see very often.
Cossa has taken a tonne of shit so its nice to hear fans of other teams take notice of what hes done this year. He missed a lot of his junior career and needed to get games. He was always going to be a project too.

But the second half of this year and the playoffs a lot of people saw what the payoff could be. A 6'6 goalie that could be among the most athletic in the entire league. Finished the season with a better save percentage than Wallstedt and Askarov who people love to call the best goalie prospects, even though Cossa was drafted ahead of Wallstedt.
So what kind of Goalie does his guy project to be?
Do you mean style or how good? Hes huge and athletic and projects to be really good. Goalies are hard to actually project, even year to year once theyre established in the league.

There isnt many goalie prospects out there I would have ahead of Cossa though after this season though, he might even be the top guy now

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Cossa has taken a tonne of shit so its nice to hear fans of other teams take notice of what hes done this year. He missed a lot of his junior career and needed to get games. He was always going to be a project too.

But the second half of this year and the playoffs a lot of people saw what the payoff could be. A 6'6 goalie that could be among the most athletic in the entire league. Finished the season with a better save percentage than Wallstedt and Askarov who people love to call the best goalie prospects, even though Cossa was drafted ahead of Wallstedt.

Do you mean style or how good? Hes huge and athletic and projects to be really good. Goalies are hard to actually project, even year to year once theyre established in the league.

There isnt many goalie prospects out there I would have ahead of Cossa though after this season though, he might even be the top guy now
He is definitely one of the top goalie prospects, I think I still have wolf over him tho. Good to see the flames taking their time with him as well. That is the one position you kinda wanna take you time to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad