Other Sports: Golf Thread - Majors Draft 2023

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I just got back from a quick simulator session. The place had a cool special where you put in 10 bucks, randomly assigned a tour pro and play the back 9 at Valhalla on the simulator. You couple your score with the pro's best score throughout the week.

I entered and got Shane Lowry, which is pretty good. They had the entire field in there, so there are some stinker choices... I ended up shooting 5 over on the simulator --two doubles and one bogey. 6 pars.

They had this auto putt thing where you basically had to stick it to ~4' on every approach shot otherwise it was an automatic two-putt. I can never chip on the simulators, it's not a strong point in my game anyways, but I just don't know how hard to hit it. On the doubles, I missed the green with the approach, and had to chip twice because both times I over shot the landing spot.
Bit of an update. Lowry went 6 under on the front 9 on Saturday. I ended up winning the special..Not many joined in, I only ended up winning 50 bucks, but it's still pretty cool.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
18 yr old kid from my club is playing in final qualifying for US open today. Pretty wild.

Hes still not the best lefty at his club tho 😝

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad