How do you fix the Wings?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Who do you suggest?

This stuff is said every year, and this year isn't even a good FA class. If we want a legitimate top line d-man to pair with Seider we need to trade for it.
Well I want to pay Zadorov, of the FA's but yeah... it'll be some money. Pay our guys(Raymond/Seider), bring in a forward(in this case Ehlers) and top 4 LHD(Hopefully Zadorov). Idk exactly how to do that but that's what I'd be shooting for and figure out my cap before the season(buyouts/dump/waives/whatever). I'd say RHD but idk what to do with Petry/Maata/Holl all on the same roster possibly and AXP fixes the problem a year later when two are off the roster.

What's the price in a trade for a top 4 LHD? Likely seems like it'd be a lot if Sean Walker is going for a late 1st round draft pick. Idk if people in here can stomach that.

Keeping Walman doesn't piss me off either it was just some chat about Ehlers. Promoting Seider to PP1 doesn't really make me mad either I'm just not expect him to outpace Gostisbehere.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
ASP has similar size with Makar , they both processing game at the highest level both have good hands, but Makar is a better skater.
Larkin , Seider, Raymond and ASP are core for team future + Rasmussen, Kasper , Edvinsson and Danielson are supporting group. Cossa and Augustine looking extremely promising. This team doesn't need much , just little bit here and there. In 2 years all bad contracts will be gone youngsters will mature.
Hope we get extra core pice next draft.
We should not trade away our first round picks next couple of drafts

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Yzermans tasks:

After locking ray and Seider in long term

1) Sign Matt Roy 4x5 to pair with Edvinsson
2) LTIR husso or buyout
3)let Reimer walk and sign Lauren Brossoit or Anthony Stolarz and run Lyon/Brossoit
4) get rid of at least 1 of Petry, Holl, Maatta via trades or buyouts
5) use #15 OA to draft highest upside forward available
6) Package picks/prospects like Berggren, Veleno, Wallinder, Buium etc for a top 6 forward like Buchnevic, Necas or Ehlers
7) Keep Ed up full time, Danielson or Kasper makes It (can’t see both but would be awesome)
8) Sign Dakota Joshua and Fischer
9) Win the cup (lol jk)

Debrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Necas - JIMMOTHY Timmothy - Berggren
Fabbri - Kasper/Danielson - Dakota Joshua
Rasmussen - Copp - Fischer

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Roy
Maatta - Chiarot

Lyon / Brossoit

This seems realistic for next year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yzermans tasks:

2) LTIR husso or buyout
3)let Reimer walk and sign Lauren Brossoit or Anthony Stolarz and run Lyon/Brossoit
6) Package picks/prospects like Berggren, Veleno, Wallinder, Buium etc for a top 6 forward like Buchnevic, Necas or Ehlers
7) Keep Ed up full time, Danielson or Kasper makes It (can’t see both but would be awesome)
9) Win the cup (lol jk)

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Roy
Maatta - Chiarot

Lyon / Brossoit

Decent. I think I'd prefer to spend trade chips on upgrading goaltending/defense though, Lyon/Brossoit just isn't a tandem I'd feel comfortable with.
Joshua I'd love if he comes cheap - but I think he will get overpayed.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yzermans tasks:

2) LTIR husso or buyout
9) Win the cup (lol jk)

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Roy
Maatta - Chiarot

Lyon / Brossoit

Brossoit and Stolarz are exactly the same tier of goalies as we have trotted out since Howard retired. Not starters, but guys who can get hot but can also get cold. We need a real goalie for a change, not hopefuls to be "our" guy. Yzerman has done the trade a 3rd for a hopeful or sign a just ok goalie now more than enough.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Not bad, is it really realistic to knab Necas without the 15th pick being in play? Serious question. Figured Carolina would laugh off most offers without that involved.

I'm not following the situation but I also can't really reason why they even want to move him at all.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Not bad, is it really realistic to knab Necas without the 15th pick being in play? Serious question. Figured Carolina would laugh off most offers without that involved.

I'm not following the situation but I also can't really reason why they even want to move him at all.
It seems like they already have lots of center depth, and he may want more money and/or a different assignment than they're willing to provide.

But as for the trade, I don't think they want picks or prospects (as opposed to "win now" players). It'll be tough to find the right partner, but maybe they add to Necas and entice Toronto to part with Marner, for example.

Reactions: Snuggs

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

The speculation is Necas will command 7 plus million a season on a long-term contract and with all their notable FAs and a desire to make some changes he may get moved...

I think if he is moved they likely want cheaper options that are also different styled player(s)

Reactions: Snuggs

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Word on Kane was that the staff thought he was fantastic in the locker room. His... how would I term it... indifference towards defense drove the staff nuts, but his presence and experience was greatly appreciated.

Which at this point you know what you're getting with Kane regarding defense. He did actually backcheck more than expected, but it's a low bar for sure.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Word on Kane was that the staff thought he was fantastic in the locker room. His... how would I term it... indifference towards defense drove the staff nuts, but his presence and experience was greatly appreciated.

Interesting, thanks. If he wasn't the catalyst for the supposedly divided leadership/locker room then it's especially curious how the team slumped the moment he was brought in, but as these are merely impressions from afar it wouldn't be too surprising if they're wrong or misleading.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Interesting, thanks. If he wasn't the catalyst for the supposedly divided leadership/locker room then it's especially curious how the team slumped the moment he was brought in, but as these are merely impressions from afar it wouldn't be too surprising if they're wrong or misleading.
I think part of that was due to them basically changing a lot of the lineup and PP to accommodate/work him in. He also went a little heavy on the dish everything to DBC mode. When he was more 50/50 on pass shoot Kane was a lot more effective overall.

Also any line with DBC & Kane instantly becomes a physically and defensively weak line. That gives other teams a good line to target offensively. Prime Kane back in CHI was enough of a threat that it pushed teams back some, but we did not have prime Kane. We had moments last year where we could outscore our problems but we are not the cup winning Penguins teams. We really don't have the skill to plan on that long term, and it failed us in chunks last season.

I do feel that Kane looked really checked out the last 10 games or so of the season. I think there is a high probability that he had some nagging injuries or his hip was out of sorts, but he did not look nearly as engaged as he did even during the slump. I do think his overall presence was a good example for Ray, so that in and of itself I think made that a positive to signing him.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

They slumped when he was first brought in but didn't that also coincide with the first Larkin injury. I can't remember the exact timing of it all but thought it was the same time.

And we're all painfully aware of how this team probably can't find their way to the bathroom without Larkin.

Reactions: odin1981

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
They slumped when he was first brought in but didn't that also coincide with the first Larkin injury. I can't remember the exact timing of it all but thought it was the same time.

And we're all painfully aware of how this team probably can't find their way to the bathroom without Larkin.
I'm pretty sure it coincided with Larkin missing what like 5 games for so?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
To update my PK thread, the last coupe of weeks I chose to go skim through every GDT and watch every awood40 highlight reel for the last 2.5 seasons. Now the highlight reels don't show the negatives unless 5 gold-star saves by Reimer/Husso/Lyon in the same d-zone sequence can be taken as a clue that the lads aren't clearing the zone or handling the rush well :) .

So from my 50,000 foot view of the last little while:

• My love of Larkin's play and skill and effort can't get much higher now that he's 99% dropped the "did you SEE that?!?" hijinks. This man hockeys.
  • I don't think I heard Holl's name mentioned once.
  • I love Fabbs and he's a great banger and digger, but he's not putting the puck in outside of Abdelkader range.
  • I like Fischer and Compher more than Sprong.
  • I probably don't understand what Maata brings. He seems very generic to me.
  • Those last 10 games this season made me really like Ghost. Maybe more than I should.
  • Like I said before I would re-sign Kane but not mortgage the team for him.
  • From the GDTs I remember a LOT of the slumps and the pain, but the difference in interest (and page counts) in the last quarter of the season year over year is very noticeable.
  • I think we have fun.
  • We want consistency from the refs, not favoritism. Except that Marchand guy. And Ottawa.
Me like hockey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad