Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Rogers Place in Edmonton will be bonkers inside and outside the building as per usual

I assume the suits in Toronto will be the quietest
Last year during game 6, McDavid tied the game at 1-1 two minutes or so in.

I could not hear the obnoxiously loud goal horn over the crowd lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Never forget when Canes fans stood for an entire game 7.

I was at the game. They literally never sat down. That should give you an idea of type of crazy fans they have down here. Add alcohol and great acoustics, and it's just an insane atmosphere.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Not sure if it’s just the mic setup but Tampa is surprisingly quiet for a team with so much success.

Best: Canes, Boston, Montreal, Rangers

MSG playoff game is on my bucket list, the atmosphere looks like a 10/10.
In the regular season, Tampa is pretty quiet. Can't speak for the playoffs.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Last night at PNC arena, after the Noesen goal, I believe, the noise was measured at over 112 dbs.

This is like the stupid arms race the NFL had with "loudest stadium". Measuring peak sound pressure levels. Until teams started just piping in fake noise to make it "louder".

The whole question should be far more about the responsiveness and energy of the building, not just a screaming competition of who can hit the measure highest like an audio version of one of these sort of things:

high-striker-hire-london-and-kent.jpg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly, they need to move the commentators out of the building or into some sort of sound proof room. That Dallas crowd was wild yesterday.

Reactions: oconnor9sean

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Never forget when Canes fans stood for an entire game 7.

I was at the game. They literally never sat down. That should give you an idea of type of crazy fans they have down here. Add alcohol and great acoustics, and it's just an insane atmosphere.

Careful now, that's gonna rub folks the wrong way.

The amount of negative comments every game in Dallas from other teams fans about folks standing for an entire period is annoying enough. 😂

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Florida loudest??? 😂😂😂
It is very loud. I love how most in here just listing Canadian teams like they are louder because they have been around longer.

Fact is fans are louder down south. Need to move a couple more Canadian teams to southern markets where it is just better hockey fan bases.

Toronto is morgue of whiny fans. Arizona Leafs? Houston Jets? I think so.

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
Edmontons Crowd seems to be the noisiest, Vancouver's Crowd is right up there with Edmonton's too plus the white towels.. Winnipeg's seem to be loud during goals, perhaps due to a more compact arena. Sorry Toronto, that's a dead crowd in comparison to what we are seeing in the West. Forget about the crowds, they should bring this intro back to Sportsnet. Best Intro song and video ever.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not surprised Winnipeg is the loudest, being a small rink and a pretty rowdy crowd, but I am surprised Edmonton is below Vancouver.
Winnipeg was like 113 decibels, Vancouver and Edmonton were close, were like 109 and 108? Toronto down at somewhere around 104?

The whole “bandwagon” aspect for Vancouver is heavily overblown simply due to the fact the city has more to offer than hockey. The fans are just as ravenous as every other fanbase

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Winnipeg was like 113 decibels, Vancouver and Edmonton were close, were like 109 and 108? Toronto down at somewhere around 104?

The whole “bandwagon” aspect for Vancouver is heavily overblown simply due to the fact the city has more to offer than hockey. The fans are just as ravenous as every other fanbase
It’s more about building acoustics than the actual fans in the seats. Except for a city like Toronto, where there’s a large number of corporate seats or older fans.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
The Canucks crowd is absolutely ridiculous
I will say, 2nd period was a big lull, I felt game 5 vs preds was much more consistent in it's energy, but once lindholm scored, the barn was just a building eruption! Didn't die down even w game done, as I live just above arena, the cheers and honks are still going

Reactions: BCNate

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Canucks arena has an incredible atmosphere, lots of positive energy and buzz, very loud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad