Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Chelolsea

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not as shocking as it might have been if you listened to Pochettino’s recent remarks. Also, Chelsea really shouldn’t be able to surprise us much anymore. As much as I think Pochettino would have only taken Chelase so far in the end, the turnaround this year was still telling and a sign of progression.

Curious if United go in on Pochettino now.

I think this also means Gallagher is a goner....

Very likely. Apparently that was something they were in disagreement about.

Michel?

Former Madrid player Michel?

LOL

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Happy with the move to sack Poch tbh, my memory extends beyond 2 months unlike other Chelsea fans. This man struggled to have the team beat minnow candidates. He's not going to get us Champions League football cos his side's inconsistent and we wouldn't make Europa League if not for other sides being so shit either.

When you watch us play, there is one thing which leads to wins.....individual talent. Palmer's been the MVP but even guys like Sterling etc will chip in with individual goals which help us beat teams we should be beating anyways. Chalobah looked like the only competent defender this year cos the defense was so disorganized. He'd still be playing Enzo-Caicedo as a midfieild double pivot if Enzo wasn't injured and clearly that doesn't work well.

Not saying everything he did was bad but I don't think he's a Premier League manager, he can't adapt tactically at all especially in the 2nd half. Team can do better. Tuchel is imo....and I hope it's not De Zerbi either cos this team needs some good defensive structure.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Being mad that Poch has been sacked isn’t just short term memory. Even when results were bad in the Fall there was clearly something building. The tail end of the season was chickens coming to roost, it wasn’t out of nowhere.
Worse defensive record for Chelsea in decades.
I haven’t done an active comparison of GPG vs other Chelsea seasons, but it bears mentioning that this was BY FAR the highest scoring season in England since the mid-1960s. A pretty important caveat on records like this.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Whether he was the guy or not, and I’m on the fence, changing again, after all the turmoil is not really a solution to seeing progress. Who are they logically going to get with any stability

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad