Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I think that is what I see too. I don't see him "insisting" on staying so much as not asking our captain to waive a NMC.

Robertson JT McMann

Was a good line, it's a great third line. Who does that leave the top two as (without Marner or his return in the lineup)?

Knies Matthews Domi
Bertuzzi Holmberg Nylander

Holmberg being the week spot, but he does have upside and is responsible defensively. Maybe we add a bottom six C in the Marner move? Wright? We haven't mentioned Cowan, Minten, or Grebenkin. It's a deep forward group and we would have added to our D substantially with the Marner trade.
Yeah, maybe Greb-Holmberg-Nylander could work. Greb is chippy, Holmberg responsible, and Willy can drive it.
A Marner trade could reshape things. If there’s a C in there, maybe they slot with Pontus OR Greb on one flank with Willy on the other.
If Cowan sticks, I could see NickRob OR McMann-JT-Cowan working. That could distribute the offence well and push guys down.
The others compete on rhe fourth line with Dewar and Reaves and for a chance to move up.
Lots of in house options that get deeper if we see a big trade.

When he first started with the Blues he had

Playoffs
Thomas R. 21 gp 6 pts
Dunn 1. 20 gp 8 pts
Blais 1 15 gp 3 pts
Barbashev 1 25 gp 6 pts
Sanford 1 8 gp 4 pts

It seems as though he trusted his Rookies and players that had played in the league for one yr in the playoffs
That’s good information.
And those players go through their learning curves.
I like the sounds of that.

horner

May 22, 2007
When he first started with the Blues he had

Playoffs
Thomas R. 21 gp 6 pts
Dunn 1. 20 gp 8 pts
Blais 1 15 gp 3 pts
Barbashev 1 25 gp 6 pts
Sanford 1 8 gp 4 pts

It seems as though he trusted his Rookies and players that had played in the league for one yr in the playoffs
I would rather have Berube teaching our young player to play the right way than Keefe.

horner

May 22, 2007
Exactly. I guess if we get a return in a Marner around two dmen, or one dman and cap space to get a second one that might open a spot up front for him.

Of course I forgot Cowan in the mix for ice time too.

Bertuzzi Matthews Domi
Robertson Holmberg Nylander
Knies Tavares McMann
Jarnkrok Dewar Cowan
Reaves

Rielly XXX
XXX Liljegren
Benoit McCabe
Lyubushkin
We aren't signing Lyubushkin to be a 7th dman

I think Ljiligren and Jamcrock will be traded

If Cowan makes the team it won't be on the 4th line

Hoping Montour reaches Free Agency, we need that shot on the PP

Tanev would be a great partner for Rielly

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
We aren't signing Lyubushkin to be a 7th dman

I think Ljiligren and Jamcrock will be traded

If Cowan makes the team it won't be on the 4th line

Hoping Montour reaches Free Agency, we need that shot on the PP

Tanev would be a great partner for Rielly
I didn't really spend too much time on the pairings and lines. We will need at least seven D men and they will all play. I also think Liljegren will be traded but not sure if the value or return.

Cowan is the type of guy that can play up and down the lineup and C or W, so eas easiest to start in the 13th spot. Injuries will hit the F lines too. He will play.

Reactions: horner

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Just wanted to drop in and give the scouting/development of some NHL ready picks that are graduating, and becoming important peices to the Leafs lineup:

Knies
McMann
Holmberg
Robertson
Woll

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Exactly. I guess if we get a return in a Marner around two dmen, or one dman and cap space to get a second one that might open a spot up front for him.

Of course I forgot Cowan in the mix for ice time too.

Bertuzzi Matthews Domi
Robertson Holmberg Nylander
Knies Tavares McMann
Jarnkrok Dewar Cowan
Reaves

Rielly XXX
XXX Liljegren
Benoit McCabe
Lyubushkin
Where did Kampf and his $2.5 go?

Ad

Upcoming events