Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hymans choke job with the Leafs may never be topped. I've never seen a bigger example of stone hands than him constantly blowing grade A chances that Habs series. Nice of him to find his touch with the Oil I guess.....and maybe Price had a little to do with that too.

Didn't like Drais game tonight but it's just one rough of many good. The Oilers PP is a cheat code.
So you think Hyman is a choke job but not AM, MM and JT? They combined for ONE goal in their only second round series.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Hymans choke job with the Leafs may never be topped. I've never seen a bigger example of stone hands than him constantly blowing grade A chances that Habs series. Nice of him to find his touch with the Oil I guess.....and maybe Price had a little to do with that too.

Didn't like Drais game tonight but it's just one rough of many good. The Oilers PP is a cheat code.

Everyone has amnesia when it comes to the Montreal series, both game 5 & 6. Hyman had a chance to ice the game for us in regulation. Right into Price’s chest with wide open nets, pain.

So you think Hyman is a choke job but not AM, MM and JT? They combined for ONE goal in their only second round series.

They all choked but Hyman was missing wide open nets, Matthews and Marner gave him so many chances, it was pretty brutal.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I bet he stays, eventually signing the same deal as Nylander. Leafs will leak that the trade offers were dog shit and that he took less to help the team.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Panthers are a great team through and through. No real weakness.

They had goaltending issues last season (which is why they needed the Pens to choke out to make it to the show) but Bob figured it back out and they have been flying since.
Bob's resurrection has been one of the better stories in hockey over the past 12 months. He went from a pariah contract to a Conn Smythe candidate in two straight years.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I bet he stays, eventually signing the same deal as Nylander. Leafs will leak that the trade offers were dog shit and that he took less to help the team.
If the offers for MM are crap, it just shows that he is not a wanted player around the league. Or at the very least, MM is not an attractive player to a lot of teams

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Seriously, if he wants to stay, be a hero and get the respect of the fanbase back - then offer the club 3 years at 8.5 mill.

If he wants to get paid again - GTFO immediately and give a NM list.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Unless he can put up a season similar to nylander without matthews no chance his small sample size with Tavares is horrible

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
No matter how good he is on defence you cant defend yourself to a win. You need at least some offence. Both defence and offence should be spread around and not on one player. That is to risky. And fragile. Then we got that chemestry part that i dont think andvaced stat can collect to its fullest. I am not against andvanced stats , i just dont think u should put all your eggs in that basket. Unerlying stats might be fantastic but the result poor. Wich suggest that over time the player will reach or get close to those underlying stats. But its is never a fact it will happen, And specially not exactly when you want it to happen the most (playoffs).

And no matter how unfair it may seem. you pay for offence among forwards. Not good enough from Marner when it is needed the most.

The problem is that it is realy hard to get the right players for that 12,5 13 mill he probably wants. Might still be better for the team in the long run, due to things not in advanced stats.
Him having his nerves on the outside might affect the team as a whole. But that is just specualtion from my own experiances with team psychology.

That said i belive he will stay.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad