Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Sennecke seems like a the flyers would covet. Rising at the end and with growth spurt maybe he could be converted into a center?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Listening to some draft prognosticators today that had Buium equal to or higher than Levshunov. The only edge that they gave Levshunov was physicality. They gave Buium the nod on skills and creativity.
This just goes to show that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It depends on what the organizations want and see. The fans are bystanders and not the selectors. We can all build our charts of talent but who knows what will go down?

Levshunov being RD vs Buium as LD also plays part IMO

Reactions: BernieParent

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Greentree sounds like the typical Flyers pick, from the few experts Ive seen. Works hard, tough, nothing extraordinary, needs to work on skating. Might as well send in the card now.
Assuming Iginla is gone this is the guy I would take.

I like Yakemchuk for D but I somehow think Buffalo might take him. RD to go with their many young LD.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
So out of the group of Dickinson, Buium, Silayev, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Eiserman, Sennecke, Nygard, Helenius, Connelly, Hage…

who would everyone be most excited about? Least excited about? Okay with?

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
So out of the group of Dickinson, Buium, Silayev, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Eiserman, Sennecke, Nygard, Helenius, Connelly, Hage…

who would everyone be most excited about? Least excited about? Okay with?
I’d be happy with Dickinson, Iginla, Buium or Catton. I’m kinda unsure on the rest.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Idk yet. I need to rewatch him. I don't think he's as bad as you think but the top 10 talk seems crazy to me.

I never said he’s bad, bbgurl. Like he’s clearly better than Bonk. But we are talking a top 12 pick. I just see a player with mediocre offensive projectability with his creativity and clunky short area moving — definitely not a PP guy. Fine player; floor pick. That’s Brent’s jam.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I never said he’s bad, bbgurl. Like he’s clearly better than Bonk. But we are talking a top 12 pick. I just see a player with mediocre offensive projectability with his creativity and clunky short area moving — definitely not a PP guy. Fine player; floor pick. That’s Brent’s jam.

I'm hoping that with all the talk of them moving up they are targeting someone better, but the realist in me is sure that it's actually Cayden Lindstrom, which I don't like at all and makes me want to puke.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
What's wrong with Bonk? Having a strong season and has looked great defensively this playoff from the few games I've seen. He definitely would go higher in a re draft

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
This franchise needs a 1D moving forward but Bonk's upside is that of a #2.:huh:
between York, Drysdale (keeping my fingers crossed Torts can make him a solid player), Bonk, Sanheim and Andrae I think our D is looking strong tbh at least from a speed and puck moving perspective.... Could use more grit and physicality (the russian giant Silayev would fit the bill) .. we desperately need a skilled play making center or some big boys (or play big) that can score with size and speed

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Next year guy but it seems like he's gonna skip the u18s and go straight to college 👀

That’s a pretty big jump up for a guy who might not be an elite type of prospect.

I guess that’s why it’s Arizona State though. They might be one of the few teams willing to take him on a year earlier & give him good enough ice time/usage.

Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
That’s a pretty big jump up for a guy who might not be an elite type of prospect.

I guess that’s why it’s Arizona State though. They might be one of the few teams willing to take him on a year earlier & give him good enough ice time/usage.
It'll be interesting. Last guy that did something like this was the other Jack Hughes I think? And his development doesn't look that great right now. Potter looks a lot better than him though, he reminds me of Oliver Moore.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It'll be interesting. Last guy that did something like this was the other Jack Hughes I think? And his development doesn't look that great right now. Potter looks a lot better than him though, he reminds me of Oliver Moore.

The other Jack Hughes was a late birthday so he aged out of the program. So he had to find somewhere else to play for his draft year.

US Program kids you have to go back to Hanifin & Werenski who left the program a year early to go to the NCAA. Celebrini did it this year, Wood, & Poehling before him as three non-US Programs kids who did so.

Most of the top kids coming out of the US Program have generally been late birthdays so a lot of those guys just aged out & needed to find a different place to play for their draft year. The good Jack Hughes has really been the only superstar prospect they’ve had that wasn’t a late birthday but he didn’t jump early to the NCAA like he probably should have.

Reactions: renberg and BigToe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad