OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Nuggets and the Avs are both looking at cash-strapped offseasons. Oof. The bench didn't show up, the starters not named Murray and Jokic didn't show up and those two got run into the ground with no rests. Just abysmal. Making history with 2 dogshit unacceptable performances in a row.

Guess we won't have any more parades in Denver for a LOOOONG time.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Umm they have zero options to do any of this. KCP is gonna walk and get them out of the second apron so they get a few more options than they have otherwise but its continue on with the youth movement. Someone is going to have to take Malone aside and say the kids have to play, playoffs too. If you keep trying to run the same team out there, just putting CB in KCP's spot its not enough. We need to see playoff Watson and see Strawther out there for at least 7 or 8 minutes. It may not be any better but its really the only option with the new tax and apron world. If MPJ suddenly becomes a contributor throughout the playoffs they can win another title with that.
Yeah I did not like how Watson just disappeared for this postseason and Malone just went with Holiday instead. Only went with Strawther in garbage minutes in game 5.

I realize they’re limited just thinking out loud here.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Murray did not play a great game but he’s been hurt this whole time and still made clutch shots when necessary in both series.

Where the absolute f*** was Brick Porter, Jr.!? He did literally nothing in this series. I don’t remember him a ton in the first round either.

Nuggets gotta find better shooters. There just come times when you have to hit those outside shots to stay alive and they as a team just go ice cold at the worst possible times.

Also improve the bench and somehow find better center depth. That means find a way…ANY way, to dump Zeke’s sorry ass.
I don’t care about his points. But those two giveaways to Anthony Edwards by Murray were disgraceful and were at the worst times.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don’t care about his points. But those two giveaways to Anthony Edwards by Murray were disgraceful and were at the worst times.
I mean, it was the worst game 7 choke in NBA history so there’s PLENTY of blame to go around. Jamal made plenty of mistakes the whole postseason and had possibly the worst game of his career prior to last night, but he was also hurt and completely worn out so, while I don’t give him a pass, I’m far less irritated at him than I am at guys like MPJ.

Reactions: katfude

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Murray was a moron in the second half but Joker and him were the only guys putting up points last night. There were much bigger problems than Jamal. Two biggest culprits MPJ being completely useless the whole series and Malone

Didn’t rest Joker when they were up by 20 and they lost the lead anyways with him out on the floor so by the time they really needed him to close he was gassed. Incredibly stupid decision making. Hope they figure something out and get the kids playing more and ready for the playoffs next year

At this stage, the Nuggets are the NBA version of the Oilers but at least they went out and got that one ring. Joker is basically McDrai (given difference in roster size/contruction between the two leagues). Then you have some other good but flawed pieces in Jamal/AG/KCP to parallel Hyman/Bouchard/Nuge/Ekholm. MPJ is basically Nurse at this point, sometimes he lives up to his potential but a lot of the time he doesn’t. Then both teams just have terrible depth and it holds them back. This team will literally go as far as Joker will carry them just like the Oilers. Thankfully, we saw them go on a hell of a run last year but otherwise I don’t see a lot of differences

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Murray was a moron in the second half but Joker and him were the only guys putting up points last night. There were much bigger problems than Jamal. Two biggest culprits MPJ being completely useless the whole series and Malone

Didn’t rest Joker when they were up by 20 and they lost the lead anyways with him out on the floor so by the time they really needed him to close he was gassed. Incredibly stupid decision making. Hope they figure something out and get the kids playing more and ready for the playoffs next year

At this stage, the Nuggets are the NBA version of the Oilers but at least they went out and got that one ring. Joker is basically McDrai (given difference in roster size/contruction between the two leagues). Then you have some other good but flawed pieces in Jamal/AG/KCP to parallel Hyman/Bouchard/Nuge/Ekholm. MPJ is basically Nurse at this point, sometimes he lives up to his potential but a lot of the time he doesn’t. Then both teams just have terrible depth and it holds them back. This team will literally go as far as Joker will carry them just like the Oilers. Thankfully, we saw them go on a hell of a run last year but otherwise I don’t see a lot of differences
Maybe, minus the super annoying fan base at the least

I agree with the MPJ hate,I guess you would call it. Maybe annoyance is a better word. The dude didn’t show up at all.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They haven't had a back uo center Malone trusts since Plumlee.

Boogie Cousins did a somewhat adequate job in the short time he was in Denver but he's long gone and has torched the Nuggets every chance he gets behind a mic.

I get why it's so hard to get a backup center to Jokic. There has literally never been and might never be a player quite like him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Boogie Cousins did a somewhat adequate job in the short time he was in Denver but he's long gone and has torched the Nuggets every chance he gets behind a mic.

I get why it's so hard to get a backup center to Jokic. There has literally never been and might never be a player quite like him.
Yep. Does make you wonder if Plumlee is worth bringing back.

They could also use a pure shooter off the bench for when they go ice cold like last night.

I think they are doable tweaks.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The window for the Nuggets I feel like is gonna close fast. OKC has what seems like a bazillion draft picks in the upcoming years and San Antonio is going to be lethal very soon. Wemby matches up to Jokic really well and just needs a supporting cast.

I think the Nuggets desperately need another big. And shooting/bench but by the time they acquire these things KCP and others are gonna be gone. I hate to see Conley ripping them to shreds too because I’ve always had mad respect for that dude - like Joker said I think he’s very underrated and I never quite understand why he drifts around the league. I wanted the Nugs to pick him up every time he’s moved around. Watching him destroy us this series hurt.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't really have a horse in the NBA, but for years it always felt like the big markets and free agent signings was what lead to the NBA title. Seeing the Nuggets, Raptors, Bucks, and hopefully one of Indiana/Minnesota winning in recent years is far more interesting to me.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Go draft Edey and punish teams with size. Not really a regular season strategy but come playoffs it can make a team to stop.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't really have a horse in the NBA, but for years it always felt like the big markets and free agent signings was what lead to the NBA title. Seeing the Nuggets, Raptors, Bucks, and hopefully one of Indiana/Minnesota winning in recent years is far more interesting to me.
My order of preference:
1. Indy
2. Dallas
3. Boston
4. Minnesota

Yeah Boston is the worst, but another title is a drop in the bucket to them. I'll defer to that because I'd rather see a team I don't like win a title or break a drought.

That first title is everything.

Reactions: Grackle Party

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
My order of preference:
1. Indy
2. Dallas
3. Boston
4. Minnesota

Yeah Boston is the worst, but another title is a drop in the bucket to them. I'll defer to that because I'd rather see a team I don't like win a title or break a drought.

That first title is everything.
I know we don't get along with Minnesota in sports but honestly I wouldn't feel horrible for them to win it. Their fanbase has been through such bad shit it's just like the Nuggets up until last year. Plus really does anyone want a Boston team to win anything again for like the next 30 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad