• Poll closed .

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
We haven't took any goal 5 on 5 since our second game against Austria lol

I don't think we achieved such a defensive perf before

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I get home to see I got 4 for 4 also. Had to stick my neck out and pick at least one upset and I thought that could be the czechs and so it was. After seeing how they played Canada in Canada's 7th game I figured they had a good chance regardless of how more talented the U.S was because Canada by their 7th game at this tournament is usually a really tough out. The defense on paper wasn't all that great but I liked how they played for the most part and I saw them making the most out of what they had, you add that with good goaltending from Dostal and the home crowd and ...................there you have it. I hope that game is posted on youtube somewhere tonight because I just have to see it.

Barely got the Sweden pick right, it seems there must have been some good old fashioned Finnish backbone at work today because on paper and base on play through the tournament you wouldn't dream this one would go to O.T.

Regret missing those games.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I get home to see I got 4 for 4 also. Had to stick my neck out and pick at least one upset and I thought that could be the czechs and so it was. After seeing how they played Canada in Canada's 7th game I figured they had a good chance regardless of how more talented the U.S was because Canada by their 7th game at this tournament is usually a really tough out. The defense on paper wasn't all that great but I liked how they played for the most part and I saw them making the most out of what they had, you add that with good goaltending from Dostal and the home crowd and ...................there you have it. I hope that game is posted on youtube somewhere tonight because I just have to see it.

Barely got the Sweden pick right, it seems there must have been some good old fashioned Finnish backbone at work today because on paper and base on play through the tournament you wouldn't dream this one would go to O.T.

Regret missing those games.
Finland played on the top of their skill level and almost won the game. Bad call on OT lost us the game, but can't say Sweden didn't deserve the win. Bad calls in general go both ways, I remember the 2022 tournement when we won the gold on a bad call as well. Happens in these tournaments.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finland played on the top of their skill level and almost won the game. Bad call on OT lost us the game, but can't say Sweden didn't deserve the win. Bad calls in general go both ways, I remember the 2022 tournement when we won the gold on a bad call as well. Happens in these tournaments.
You're such a great poster! Sorry your team lost. I thought it'd be a very close game and it was. Jalonen is a legend. Finn's are in a lull but I get the feeling the bounceback will be epic.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
You're such a great poster! Sorry your team lost. I thought it'd be a very close game and it was. Jalonen is a legend. Finn's are in a lull but I get the feeling the bounceback will be epic.
I was very upset about the loss. Got super emotional over it because it meant Jalonen era is over. He is an absolute legend, you're right about that. I really thought we were going to make it into semis, but guess this year was not our year. Thank you for the compliment, I always appreciate kind words.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Yes. The level of refereeing is often just low quality rather than hugely biased for one or the other team. Bad decisions all around (though generally I have felt that they have calmed down a bit, there seemed to be more glaringly bad calls in the early round robin games, not not mention complete inconsistency as to how the refs interpreted the rules (eg German goal vs Slovakia allowed, Czech goal vs Finland disallowed etc)).

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yes. The level of refereeing is often just low quality rather than hugely biased for one or the other team. Bad decisions all around (though generally I have felt that they have calmed down a bit, there seemed to be more glaringly bad calls in the early round robin games, not not mention complete inconsistency as to how the refs interpreted the rules (eg German goal vs Slovakia allowed, Czech goal vs Finland disallowed etc)).
In an interview on Finnish media the ref "guessed" that Helenius touched the hand even though he wasn't sure. So I don't know if we lost on a ref just guessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad