HF Habs: PWHL Montreal

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I think that's part of the 1st season growing pains.

Also, turns out I wasn't the problem 😅
Yeah, the league is just getting started and a lot of players were not available. It will improve with time.

It is a great sign that I am that worked up about the loss, means I care and they really hooked me.

All in all, season 1 was a lot of fun. My GF and I watched most of the games, went to two including the Bell Center one.

Those women can play and I hope the league continues to gain popularity.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, the league is just getting started and a lot of players were not available. It will improve with time.

It is a great sign that I am that worked up about the loss, means I care and they really hooked me.

All in all, season 1 was a lot of fun. My GF and I watched most of the games, went to two including the Bell Center one.

Those women can play and I hope the league continues to gain popularity.
Yeah, I'm bummed too and I'm glad that I am. I only went to the Bell Centre game but it was fun for sure. I watched most of the games on TV and I'm looking forward to next season.

Also looking forward to when they announce the team names so I can buy some merch.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
:(

I remember at the start of the season that they said they had a lots of rookies on the team because they wanted to develop them. Still, the PO put big emphasis on what has been wrong all season long. Hopefully there is a correction next season.

Also, turns out I wasn't the problem 😅
Maybe you were contagious. :sarcasm:

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
lots or growing pains for this first year. As for the refs well unless its a scoring chance its no penalty. All series long I saw Boston just step in front of every montreal player at the blue line ( even if the puck was 50ft away in the corner by then.) We all know that is interference but NOT in the playoffs eh. Think back and just remember, did this happen a few times in every game? what I saw was nuts, almost every time montreal were breaking into their zone, THAT was the plan no matter what dont let montreal in with the puck or even without the puck, at all costs, but wait the refs gave NO COST. Overall montreal was out coached. A good coach would have saw this tactic and ripped into the refs at the first game letting this happen. the refs would then be on the look out for this interference. but NO, nothing from the coach. so 3 games of interference and you lose. Now for those that say but she did tell the refs that was interference? well I never saw any yelling or sticks being thrown on the ice or ANYTHING that would make an IMPACT so the refs remember. The montreal coach needs to grow some BALLS to change the abuse.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
lots or growing pains for this first year. As for the refs well unless its a scoring chance its no penalty. All series long I saw Boston just step in front of every montreal player at the blue line ( even if the puck was 50ft away in the corner by then.) We all know that is interference but NOT in the playoffs eh. Think back and just remember, did this happen a few times in every game? what I saw was nuts, almost every time montreal were breaking into their zone, THAT was the plan no matter what dont let montreal in with the puck or even without the puck, at all costs, but wait the refs gave NO COST. Overall montreal was out coached. A good coach would have saw this tactic and ripped into the refs at the first game letting this happen. the refs would then be on the look out for this interference. but NO, nothing from the coach. so 3 games of interference and you lose. Now for those that say but she did tell the refs that was interference? well I never saw any yelling or sticks being thrown on the ice or ANYTHING that would make an IMPACT so the refs remember. The montreal coach needs to grow some BALLS to change the abuse.
Actually, Cheverie's biggest issue is tactics. She never adjusted anything and the only reason why Montreal had success was because of individual brillance. The PP was crap and they kept forcing the one timer to Stacey... with no consistent net front presence. She overused the same players over and over again.... never developed the role players. Could not defend a lead to save their lives (lack of defensive structure). How many times did they let the other team come back only to lose in OT? Too many.

It was so obvious to me when I saw them live the first time in Laval against Ottawa. Ottawa was playing very structured offensively and defensively. Puck support at all times, attacking as a unit. Montreal, not so much. Individual rushes most often than not, lack of puck support, disorganized PP, passive disjointed PK.

As for the interference during the playoffs, sure, you can yell at the refs, but you have to ADJUST your tactics. Montreal does not support the puck carrier, so it is easy to isolate her. Create movement on the rush, dump and chase (if they try to interfere, it will look even more obvious which will force the refs' hands). Instead, they kept relying on the puck carrier trying to deke through the D.

Cheverie has been a great ambassador for the team this year (learning French and all), but she will need a lot of tactical help if the team is too progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad