Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean he’s probably right. Kreider and Mika have made great contributions to the franchise but they’ve always given the appearance as reluctant or unwilling leaders. It will never make sense to me why Kreider “didn’t want” the captaincy. Loser mentality, and I love Chris
Kreider will absolutely stay on that deal. One of the few steals this team has.

Reactions: bernmeister and CLW

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Cuylle scored in limited ice time. Anyone think the Rangers should try to see if he can be a top 6 forward as he is only 22??? He was a 2ed round pick. The talent is there. Does anyone think he should get PP time next season. Maybe deflecting pucks and causing havoc in front of the net? Rangers need to change their DNA.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Matthew Tkachuk played like 15 playoff games before he got traded to Florida.

It’s not a prerequisite for being a playoff player. He does the things this team lacks and he does them very well. The glaring hole this series was a player other than Lafreniere or Trocheck that was willing to get to the net.
Agreed.

Would also love Svechnikov.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Trouba should be moved. That's obviously not gonna happen but that money we should spend on extending Laf 8x8 this summer.

Schneider should get a long term deal too but doubt we will have the money for a long term contract.

I hope Othmann and Perreault get a look next season.

Mika is the biggest problem. Not going to win anything if he continues playing like that.

Chytil is a questionmark. We need a 3rd Center who actually plays. I like Drury from the Canes.

Chychrun would be a nice add if Lindgren is moved.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Next year I don't care how bad they play they deserve each other. Put bread Mika kreider together.
Find another wing for Laf and Tro

Hope 2 of Othmann Berard Sykora Edstrom can become bottom 6 staples. We need skating and physicality.

Wrap Chytil in KT tape and put him in the Michelin man suit.

Jettison trouba. Get dmen that can skate and make a pass 95% of the time.

I've felt this way for three seasons. Those three take up a LOT of oxygen in the room and have shaped the way the team plays in their image.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
ah yes Born Winner Brady Tkachuk who has never played for a team that's won more than 39 games in a season will fix it
if there's one thing we've learned is that the type of hockey player that can win regular season games is not the same as the type of hockey player that can win playoff games. we need a top 6 asshole.

i like the KZBread line idea, with Trocheck and Laf running their own line. Tkachuk there would be sick. if not, how about Chytil LW? or could Cuylle hang?

Chytil/Kakko form the basis of a strong 3rd line. We've seen it work but they both can't stay healthy.

But ultimately as everyone sees, this team needs to rebuild the D.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
I just don’t get why PL refused to break ck-z at 5v5. He should’ve moved z down to make him be the go to guy. He differs to kreider first for whatever reason all season. It wasn’t t just the even during the reg they were crap at 5v5. Doing that could’ve spread the offense out a bit, and just because they’re bffs doesn’t mean they should be playing together. Also really need to revamp the d. They try hard but that’s what they do. They can’t bully anyone off the puck, they can’t make a crisp pass under pressure and they just make the easy play of barely chipping the puck out of the zone which lets the opposing team bring right back in.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Would be kind of hilarious to see the NYR go for Baby Tkachuk. The Tkachuks are neanderthals but with Baby it's debatable if he even grades out as neanderthal or if he belongs to the branch of baboons.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
B Tkachuk/Trocheck/Lafreniere
Kreider/Zibanejad/Panarin
Othmann/Chytil/Kakko
Cuylle/Edstrom/Goodrow(or Berard)

Miller-Fox
Sanheim-Schneider
Jones-Roy

Igor
Quick

whaddya think