Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
just wait when the posters with lofty dreams here realize where the Flyers are salary cap wise…
Not that bad but Danny definitely made it worse with Hayes, Pederson and Johannson..... He likely gets out of RJOH with LTIR.... not sure how he gets out of Atkinson that likely can still play but where in this lineup. 2025/26 things get way better especially if they don't do something stupid and buy out Perderson or Atkinson

I hear you but I can't imagine a scenario where the Flyers can land a true 1C without overpaying ridiculously. They are still in desperate need of top-end talent and can't be dealing multiple assets for a middling 1C who is past his prime.
Still can't believe they traded Cutter.... especially with how desperate we are at C.... ridiculous especially for a small offensive dman (only because we have three of those lol 4 if you include Sanheim who plays like he's small lol)..

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Not that bad but Danny definitely made it worse with Hayes, Pederson and Johannson..... He likely gets out of RJOH with LTIR.... not sure how he gets out of Atkinson that likely can still play but where in this lineup. 2025/26 things get way better especially if they don't do something stupid and buy out Perderson or Atkinson

Still can't believe they traded Cutter.... especially with how desperate we are at C.... ridiculous especially for a small offensive dman (only because we have three of those lol 4 if you include Sanheim who plays like he's small lol)..
I'd be shocked if Cutter turns out to be a true 1C with his lack of hockey IQ, while I think we didn't get fair value Cutter isn't as great as you think if this is your vaulation.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Super stoked he’s coming

MM Frost TK would be so fun.

But don’t kid yourself for a second , this will be Torts grand finale. By the 10th game and he is either scratched or playing bottom 6 , it will garner world wide attention and he will be able to lap it all up like the attention whore he is.

If he is in fact coming , Torts and Rocky can not be coaches.
Who are they trading for Mitch Marner? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
TSN Montreal radio did a segment this morning on how the news that Michkov may be with the Flyers next season affects perception of drafting Reinbacher. It was an enjoyable listen from a schadenfreude perspective, even while I am nonplussed about Michkov joining this talent-poor club.
i love when you use dirty german words ;D

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
just wait when the posters with lofty dreams here realize where the Flyers are salary cap wise…

Unfortunately, they have too much cap space. Ellis and Johansen to LTIR puts them at almost 11 million free, with what is almost a full roster. 3ish million for Michkov, Zamula, and a 50-year-old depth dman.

They are going to do something stupid/crazy with what‘s left.

Reactions: BernieParent

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I might be wrong...but I thought LTIR doesn't count in the off-season

From what I remember, you can exceed the cap by 10% in the summer, and the summer cap includes LTIR candidates. Players cannot be placed on LTIR until the first day of the season, and a team must be cap compliant by Day 1...

So, we can go about $8-9 M over the cap because of the 10% allowance, and then put Johansen and Ellis on LTIR when the season starts to have the roster compliant, I think.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I might be wrong...but I thought LTIR doesn't count in the off-season
No, you have to do it again each league year. The idea behind using it at all is that you need to get as close enough to the cap as possible to maximize the relief.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Has Tortorella ever had a young talented player like MM to bring into the league? I don’t believe that he has. If he messes with the kid, he’ll be “retired”. If MM’s play is not up to expectations, the same thing will happen. Signing MM really puts Torts in a corner. He might want to get out of town before it gets tough for him.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Has Tortorella ever had a young talented player like MM to bring into the league? I don’t believe that he has. If he messes with the kid, he’ll be “retired”. If MM’s play is not up to expectations, the same thing will happen. Signing MM really puts Torts in a corner. He might want to get out of town before it gets tough for him.

Torts is lazy and gets off on being an ass hole. He‘ll do want he wants, and just collect a paycheck at home if he gets fired.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tampa Bay was so long ago it’s pointless to bring up within context of today’s landscape. He had older versions of the Sedin’s in Vancouver & then Panarin in Columbus. In New York he didn’t have an uber talent type of player.

This has been discussed at length here but I think the issue with Tortorella not just in regards to potential top talents but also the overall offensive ceiling of his teams is that his teams generally produce bad PP’s. 5v5 offensively they should be fine.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Tampa Bay was so long ago it’s pointless to bring up within context of today’s landscape. He had older versions of the Sedin’s in Vancouver & then Panarin in Columbus. In New York he didn’t have an uber talent type of player.

This has been discussed at length here but I think the issue with Tortorella not just in regards to potential top talents but also the overall offensive ceiling of his teams is that his teams generally produce bad PP’s. 5v5 offensively they should be fine.
It didn’t go well with established talents such as the Sedins, LeCavalier, Richards and the like. Michkov being a rookie is a totally different situation. He needs to be handled with care. IMO if Tortorella goes into his challenging bully mode like did with Frost, it’s not going to work well. The Flyers don’t need that type of grease fire. Michkov is the base for the future of the franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad