Shanahan's Plan to Restore Respectability

Is Toronto's reputation across the NHL better or worse than it was before Shanahan was hired?

• Better

Votes: 61 48.8%
  • Worse

Votes: 64 51.2%

• Total voters

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I actually want to start a whole conversation / thread topic on the end of this regular season.
I'm going to wait because there's still a lot of negativity and damage control going on.

The amount of effort spent getting milestones for Nylander/Matthews was crazy. Was anyone shocked when WN/AM missed games in the playoffs after that? That was a debacle on it's own let alone the handshake line/zamboni.
The stat chasing worried me a lot at the time. What concerned me even more was the fact that Keefe made it sound like it was out of his hands. When a reporter mentioned that it seemed the team was feeding AM the puck as a sole goal for him to get the record...he just shrugged his shoulders and said players were trying to help AM out. They should have been trying to gear up and practice scoring in a playoffs kind of way. Instead, they just played shinny for the last 2 weeks. This team is mostly about the sizzle...not the steak.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The stat chasing worried me a lot at the time. What concerned me even more was the fact that Keefe made it sound like it was out of his hands. When a reporter mentioned that it seemed the team was feeding AM the puck as a sole goal for him to get the record...he just shrugged his shoulders and said players were trying to help AM out. They should have been trying to gear up and practice scoring in a playoffs kind of way. Instead, they just played shinny for the last 2 weeks. This team is mostly about the sizzle...not the steak.
Perfect example of the disfunction within this organization, it’s a shame we can’t get another team in the GTA…….

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
On the flip side of that, Domi probably cost Matthews the 70 goal season by beating that guy's face in and landing a few too many on his helmet. And it was totally worth it. They need to bring back Domi for absolutely sure. He's capable of being Matthews new playmaker and sending Marner packing.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Perfect example of the disfunction within this organization, it’s a shame we can’t get another team in the GTA…….
And force the Leafs to compete or be embarrassed? Gary would never allow that. The league is much better off with 3 teams in the NYC area and 2 teams in LA and teams in non traditional hockey markets.

Atlanta will get a 3rd kick at the can before the GTA and QC get a team.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
And force the Leafs to compete or be embarrassed? Gary would never allow that. The league is much better off with 3 teams in the NYC area and 2 teams in LA and teams in non traditional hockey markets.

Atlanta will get a 3rd kick at the can before the GTA and QC get a team.
tis a pitty though..................

Reactions: OddyOh and ToneDog

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm glad you agree. I felt alone on this one, and it was ridiculous. I thought TOR had a shot against BOS, but had serious concerns when they played Mario AllStars / Donkey Hockey for 2 1/2 weeks: 3 wins 5 losses. Matthews had 12 SOG vs Tampa, and 10 SOG vs DET.

It's no wonder Matthews / Nylander missed games in the playoffs. They were chasing stats!

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Good luck convincing Bell and Rogers of that. They want a happy friendly environment that ticks all the boxes.
Dubas was a trailblazer ahead of his time. He thought he could win with small, skilled players. What a waste of 5 f***ing years. I could see it 100 miles away when Shanny handing that clown the keys.

If Shanny wants to restore respectability, he should have fallen on his sword.

• Love
Reactions: thewave

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Dubas was a trailblazer ahead of his time. He thought he could win with small, skilled players. What a waste of 5 f***ing years. I could see it 100 miles away when Shanny handing that clown the keys.

If Shanny wants to restore respectability, he should have fallen on his sword.
Indeed, but he doesn’t have the stones to do the right thing, it’s no wonder the core can’t excel, they’re a reflection of the team’s mgmt…….

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Indeed, but he doesn’t have the stones to do the right thing, it’s no wonder the core can’t excel, they’re a reflection of the team’s mgmt…….
We are such a joke. It is too bad it is not possible to organize a boycott of the games. Nothing would suit them better than playing in an empty arena. Even if it is for one game in protest of the incompetence this organization has displayed since Shannascam took over.

If not that, then start throwing your jerseys and waffles on the ice.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We are such a joke. It is too bad it is not possible to organize a boycott of the games. Nothing would suit them better than playing in an empty arena. Even if it is for one game in protest of the incompetence this organization has displayed since Shannascam took over.

If not that, then start throwing your jerseys and waffles on the ice.
The posters with the seasons tickets are the biggest consumers of the Kool Ade, not going to happen……..

1717420277980.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad