Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
That's why coaches, good coaches, while they have a Plan, they'll tweak it and adjust and adapt when necessary. You never know when your GM is going to call you and say X is being traded and we're getting Y and Z. The team has to have a core identity and strengths it needs or trains to aspire to. So saying what you have, what system do we run, because I don't see one. I see no ethic, I see very little team integrity, I mean doesn't the Note mean a damn thing for some of these folks? Doesn't the front office enforce the ethic of fighting for the logo? Does anyone?

I see our leadership upstairs basically looking at stats on a page and saying this team is good enough, we should be able to make the playoffs and do things, but that takes a plan and I don't see someone like Bannister having a plan, at least I haven't seen one from him yet. When we talk about Hitch, we always mention the system of coaching and the type of ethic the players had. When we talk about Berube and Bannister, much as I love Berube, but neither seems to have a real plan, it's more ebb and flow, work towards that players strengths on a team that needs more strong players.

And that fault lies with Army.

Every piece of this team is of his making or at worst, his approving, from coaching all the way down. He holds nearly unlimited power and if he was as smart and forward-thinking as some here lead us to believe, he would have options. This team on paper looks amazing but when you see the final product you realize The Boss spends all his time looking at statistics on a printed page than outside the window of his office at the players playing the game.

Like Captain Picard said once in paraphrase, you can do everything right but still lose, I'd expect what's left to look more like a team that's out to contend over what I see now.

I just want to add real quick that a coach should tweak things and make adjustments but it feels like our last 2 coaches have done no such thing. Just continue banging your head against the wall and maybe it'll work finally.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Q&A With Stillmam today.

Again referencing our Blues fan survey, 56 percent of fans gave Armstrong a 4 or 5 (5 being the highest) when asked about their confidence level in him. What’s yours?

Stillman:
I continue to have complete confidence in Doug. I’ve seen how he operates, what he’s done with this franchise, the success we’ve had under him and his individual skills and talents. I’m totally happy with him as our GM. I think we are really fortunate to have what I would consider the strongest GM in the sport. I guess that’s not only me thinking that, but if you look around the league, the decisions made by Team Canada, that would certainly seem to support that.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Q&A With Stillmam today.

Again referencing our Blues fan survey, 56 percent of fans gave Armstrong a 4 or 5 (5 being the highest) when asked about their confidence level in him. What’s yours?

Stillman:
I continue to have complete confidence in Doug. I’ve seen how he operates, what he’s done with this franchise, the success we’ve had under him and his individual skills and talents. I’m totally happy with him as our GM. I think we are really fortunate to have what I would consider the strongest GM in the sport. I guess that’s not only me thinking that, but if you look around the league, the decisions made by Team Canada, that would certainly seem to support that.

Stillman has to say this. It all has to be part of some plan publically, even if they got nothing and everything is on the decline. You know how fast investors and players/staff would bail if they told everyone that we're on the decline and are awaiting solutions to arise from the ether?

It's like being a Sergent and having to tell your troops to move forward and continue holding a hill that's impossible to hold. You do it anyway because nothing kills anything faster than fear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad