Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The dude drops a casual goal and two assists on his way out, then done this…

Also, stupid Maatson played too well during this loan. :laugh: Might not be able to afford him now… or Chelsea might notice he’s insane and realize they should keep him.

He's got a release clause in there, so someone's getting him for 35. Just a matter of who.

And no, we're too stupid to realize how good he is. We've got Cucarella for an inverted WB now, so we're good. /s

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's got a release clause in there, so someone's getting him for 35. Just a matter of who.

And no, we're too stupid to realize how good he is. We've got Cucarella for an inverted WB now, so we're good. /s
Right but apparently Dortmund was hoping to get him for less than the $35m and now that’s probably not happening.

I think they said their budget for this offseason like like $40m before any sales of current players, while they have a few key holes to fill in addition to LB. And obviously they’re trying to keep Sancho too.

Reactions: Starat327

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Even though it was a foregone conclusion, I have to admit I got a little teary watching the trophy ceremony after Leverkusen’s final game. It occured to me that this is the first time that a team that I’m a fan of, that is not from Philadelphia (or Penn State) has won a championship. It’s kind of a weird feeling not having that strong connection to the place (although I have been there) like with the home town teams.

But huge credit to Xabi Alonso and his staff and the players. The work isn’t quite done but what an amazing accomplishment already.
Really strong team of destiny vibes you get from this team this year. The amount of times they avoided defeat by scoring one (or even two) goals in extra time is unheard of.

A season for the ages that I can not see being replicated ever.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Really strong team of destiny vibes you get from this team this year. The amount of times they avoided defeat by scoring one (or even two) goals in extra time is unheard of.

A season for the ages that I can not see being replicated ever.
It almost has a fairy-tale like quality to it. And the amazing thing (well, one of them) was how Alonso brought the team back from the dead. I remember watching games early last season and they were awful. They were headed for relegation. Along with some great additions over the summer (Grimaldo, Xhaka…) Alonso performed magic.

Reactions: TCTC

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Right but apparently Dortmund was hoping to get him for less than the $35m and now that’s probably not happening.

I think they said their budget for this offseason like like $40m before any sales of current players, while they have a few key holes to fill in addition to LB. And obviously they’re trying to keep Sancho too.

I'd you don't pay the 35, or whatever it is, I'm positive someone will. Madrid are sniffing after Davies apparently, which would mean Bayern need a replacement LB and they traditionally grab one with Bundesliga experience.

If bvb can pull off the wembley miracle and Maatsen plays well, I would argue the only chance you have is making maatsen feel like he's integral to it, as others will be able to offer him a much larger financial compensation. But if he's comfortable there, you're good to go.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd you don't pay the 35, or whatever it is, I'm positive someone will. Madrid are sniffing after Davies apparently, which would mean Bayern need a replacement LB and they traditionally grab one with Bundesliga experience.

If bvb can pull off the wembley miracle and Maatsen plays well, I would argue the only chance you have is making maatsen feel like he's integral to it, as others will be able to offer him a much larger financial compensation. But if he's comfortable there, you're good to go.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Dortmund likely can't/won't pay the 35 and with how he's played there's definitely someone who will. So he played himself out of our reach. :laugh:

He said he wants to stay here, but even then I'd be surprised if they're able to work it out. Especially if they choose to spend big on Sancho.

Reactions: Starat327

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Couldn’t even give me 2 minutes of hope haha
b41ba9fc-109d-44e6-b2d1-bf4f035fa7b2_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad