Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dallas should make easy work of Edmonton. Those two teams are on completely different levels.

Dallas is probably the team I dislike the most in the NHL right now, but I'd still rather them advance to the SCF than the Oilers have any kind of meaningful success. I really want to watch the chaos of McDavid approaching the end of his contract with nothing but individual regular season awards to show for it. Edmonton gets one more year to waste with him before things start getting extremely interesting.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think the Oilers will get swept. Otter will have a bad game at some point in the series, and Edmonton's power play is too good to be shut out for the series. Now Dallas doesn't take many penalties at all, so that helps. This still looks like Dallas in 6 though.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think there's a team left that can beat Florida if Bob holds up.
Florida are good but not a juggernaut. I can see every team giving them trouble. If Boston could take two games away from them, sure as hell NYR, Dallas and even Edmonton can take 4.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Florida/NYR to me comes down to Bob vs Shesty. If Bob doesn't play at a high level, Rangers will beat them. If Bob plays at a high level, Florida can rout the Rangers. Overall, Bob has been pretty average or below for most of the playoffs with a few great games. He needs to be at least good in every game if not great.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Florida are good but not a juggernaut. I can see every team giving them trouble. If Boston could take two games away from them, sure as hell NYR, Dallas and even Edmonton can take 4.

I don't think any team left cake walks to the cup, ala Avs 2022.

Conference finals: Dallas in 5, Florida in 6
SCF: Florida in 7

Though I would laugh my ass off to watch Edmonton get swept in the WCF again :laugh:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Dallas should make easy work of Edmonton. Those two teams are on completely different levels.

Dallas is probably the team I dislike the most in the NHL right now, but I'd still rather them advance to the SCF than the Oilers have any kind of meaningful success. I really want to watch the chaos of McDavid approaching the end of his contract with nothing but individual regular season awards to show for it. Edmonton gets one more year to waste with him before things start getting extremely interesting.
I don't hate Dallas that much and would easily prefer them over Oilers in the final. It would sting less losing to the WCF champs. Also is it because of both fanbases? Yeah probably. Oilers fans are already insufferable. Very much more than those 5 Stars fans. If Oilers loses they will have one year left before both Draisaitl and Bouchard contracts are up. Both of them combined should get 20M$ minimum. Highly doubt Bouchard entertains making less than Nurse :laugh:

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Rangers high end skill guys haven't been carrying the load imo - Panarin, Fox, Zib.
It's the guys willing to get dirty that have carried the weight - Kreider, Trochek, Laf.
All relatively speaking but it'll be interesting because Boston had that approach and a stellar goalie and still came up short against the Panthers.

Hoping whoever comes out of the East wins it. Think I'd prefer Edmonton lose in the cup final.

Reactions: GeoRox89

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The cope levels here are high. I don't blame anyone.

But Dallas isn't good. Edmonton is going to blow them out.

Bouchard with at least 6 goals this series. Draisatl with another 10.

I'd be surprised if it even goes 6 games. The only chance Dallas has is if Ceci refuses to leave the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad