TV: Survivor 46

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Man its crazy how much I was hating this season during the whole Bhanu show and to see what its turned into. Never would have thought it.

Q is great. I'll watch any show that hes on. At the end of the day he understands the assignment of being on TV. We want to be entertained, and he wants to give that to us. That is extremely rare in Survivor casting recently.

Maria is just so unlikeable lmao. Please go home next. Charlie's in a good spot now with Maria winning. I assume everyone left in the game will want her out over him so he just has to make sure she doesnt win immunity. He seems like a guy that comes prepared so I'm gunna assume hes decent at fire.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I laughed when Jeff said good dive to Q, and he didn't seem sarcastic.

I have a feeling Q is probably Jeff's favorite player of the New Era, if he wants we are likely to see him again.

Did I think Q was great at Survivor, no. But, he was absolutely a unique character that the New Era has lacked. Even going through the 30s they lacked personalities like him. Love em or Hate em, Q and Carolyn are probably the most unique casting finds of the New Era. They aren't players who you are indifferent too. One way or the other, you are going to have an opinion on them if you watch the show.

I caught that too and laughed my ass off. :laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I laughed when Jeff said good dive to Q, and he didn't seem sarcastic.

I have a feeling Q is probably Jeff's favorite player of the New Era, if he wants we are likely to see him again.

Did I think Q was great at Survivor, no. But, he was absolutely a unique character that the New Era has lacked. Even going through the 30s they lacked personalities like him. Love em or Hate em, Q and Carolyn are probably the most unique casting finds of the New Era. They aren't players who you are indifferent too. One way or the other, you are going to have an opinion on them if you watch the show.
I remarked on Q's horrible dive the first time and was cracking up when Jeff commented on it.

Though I didn't mind her particularly, I don't think Carolyn was a unique casting at all. She falls pretty neatly into the "Crazy Lady" archetype. Noura, Kendra, Trisha, Debbie, J'Tia. My least favorite type of Survivor archetype.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I liked Carolyn during her season, but her post season antics have made my stocks on her go completely down and I'd be fine with never seeing her again. Same with Carson.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I remarked on Q's horrible dive the first time and was cracking up when Jeff commented on it.

Though I didn't mind her particularly, I don't think Carolyn was a unique casting at all. She falls pretty neatly into the "Crazy Lady" archetype. Noura, Kendra, Trisha, Debbie, J'Tia. My least favorite type of Survivor archetype.
True, I think Carolyn is the best version of that.

My personal least favorite archetype is the Challenge beast with limited personality at best, Ozzy and Joe Anglim are the prime example of this. Not that every male who is great at challenges is boring, there have been great ones like JT and Tyson.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I liked Carolyn during her season, but her post season antics have made my stocks on her go completely down and I'd be fine with never seeing her again. Same with Carson.
True, I think Carolyn is the best version of that.

My personal least favorite archetype is the Challenge beast with limited personality at best, Ozzy and Joe Anglim are the prime example of this. Not that every male who is great at challenges is boring, there have been great ones like JT and Tyson.
My wife's friend paid for her to get a Cameo from Carolyn lol, it was pretty funny.

Agreed about the Challenge beasts as well. Great to see people dominate challenges, but their personality is just non-existent. And in Joe and Ozzy's cases at least they are lunatics outside the game lol

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
My wife's friend paid for her to get a Cameo from Carolyn lol, it was pretty funny.

Agreed about the Challenge beasts as well. Great to see people dominate challenges, but their personality is just non-existent. And in Joe and Ozzy's cases at least they are lunatics outside the game lol
I can see why they didn't properly highlight Joe Anglim's personality. Although, he wasn't full Q-Anon during his run on the show, but probably held some crazy views (I know the EOE story about him rapping/using a slur).

Ozzy is either my least or 2nd least favorite of the 4 time players (I'm not a big Rupert fan either, interesting personality, but I find him way too self-righteous) and Joe would be near the very bottom of 3 time players for me.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Lest we forget Mike "Put that back we have Colby Donaldson at home" Holloway. I respected the amount of hustle he had but he was like one of those annoying tongue ulcers

Also the Q memes are dead. I am devastated

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lest we forget Mike "Put that back we have Colby Donaldson at home" Holloway. I respected the amount of hustle he had but he was like one of those annoying tongue ulcers

Also the Q memes are dead. I am devastated
I actually found Mike Holloway a bit more interesting than the other two. He was at least more aware of his position in the game, and wasn'ever gonna be blindsided. Like, if he lacked physical skills, he'd be a better player than Joe and Ozzy if they weren't comp beasts. Like him eating a scorpion day one for the experience is probably more interesting than anything non-challenge related Ozzy and Joe did in 7 combined seasons. While not a challenge beast (just an idol hound), I would have loved to see Mike Holloway on Winners at War over Ben (outside Chris Underwood, probably the winner whose game I respect the least).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I felt like Charlie just proved why he’s a superior player to Maria in that episode. She wanted him out. She only had to convince the secondary characters of the plan. They instead liked his plan better and now she’s probably at the bottom for the next vote.

Reactions: hoglund

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I felt like Charlie just proved why he’s a superior player to Maria in that episode. She wanted him out. She only had to convince the secondary characters of the plan. They instead liked his plan better and now she’s probably at the bottom for the next vote.

While I agree that Charlie is superior to Maria, I think you're giving him too much credit for that vote. Kenzie's been trying to get rid of Q since the Tiffany boot ep. I don't think he did anything to convince her. Liz hates Q. I don't think any convincing was needed there either.

If anything, I think Charlie should be thanking Kenzie and Liz for managing to fool Maria and Q. He straight up told Maria who he was targeting. If they weren't convincing enough, Maria probably would have warned Q and Charlie would have gone home.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
While I agree that Charlie is superior to Maria, I think you're giving him too much credit for that vote. Kenzie's been trying to get rid of Q since the Tiffany boot ep. I don't think he did anything to convince her. Liz hates Q. I don't think any convincing was needed there either.
But Charlie is clearly the much bigger threat than Q. Us watching the game at home would say that getting Charlie out should be the priority. That he has lowered his threat level when he's actually like the best player out there shows he's doing a good job.

So either they are just very stupid for getting out the guy that can't win or Charlie has done a good job of hood winking them into doing what wasn't in their best interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad