Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NSH] Lightning reaquire Ryan McDonagh and a 2024 4th rd pick for a 2nd and 7th rd pick

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Wonder if we see another LTIR contract trade. something around Sheary and a pick for Shea Weber

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Another contract that's currently on the books for 24/25 has to be shipping out. Letting Stamkos walk doesn't help our $5M in cap space at the moment.

Judging by estimates on here, that $5M is barely enough to bring Duclair back lol. Now we have to fill the hole left by Stamkos?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He looked real good in the Vancouver season. He can still go when it counts. The problem might become if we rely on him like we did before.
This gives Hedman more rest in the long run, just like before. Problem is McDonagh isn't exactly young and we don't want to put too much on him either (so both can be healthy for a run). Serg should be our highest ice time dman during this coming regular season I think. We can't put everything on McDonagh anymore with his age. Wr know he shows up during thr playoffs so that's what we save him for

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Bye-bye Cirelli and/or Cernak?
Whe I saw this news, I thought that Bye Bye Cernak. For now we have Heddy, Mac,Sergy, Raddish, Lilleberg, Crozier,Perbix (Carlile, Myers) enough defenders, but I hope we wont trade any big piece and just trade Sheary, Jeannot,Stammer signs for 4 mil, Tavares looks good with Hagel at World Championshi, so we bring him for league min xD..JBB will figure out something

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Whe I saw this news, I thought that Bye Bye Cernak. For now we have Heddy, Mac,Sergy, Raddish, Lilleberg, Crozier,Perbix (Carlile, Myers) enough defenders, but I hope we wont trade any big piece and just trade Sheary, Jeannot,Stammer signs for 4 mil, Tavares looks good with Hagel at World Championshi, so we bring him for league min xD..JBB will figure out something
If we move jeannot and sheary we can sign stamkos and fill the roster

Reactions: gn2007

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Bye-bye Cirelli and/or Cernak?

Isn't the move to put McDonagh - Cernak back together though? To make an actual shutdown line. I would imagine Cernaks contract is harder to move due to the injury concerns as well.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
If we move jeannot and sheary we can sign stamkos and fill the roster
we have 5 now,move them we have 10, Sign Stammer for 6-7 and we have 3 mil for some possible good top 6 player (Duclair, or sometthin)

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Isn't the move to put McDonagh - Cernak back together though? To make an actual shutdown line. I would imagine Cernaks contract is harder to move due to the injury concerns as well.
Lilleberg is also hardplaying D. Give him more time give him exoerience and give him someone who can cover him (Mac) and he should be fine

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
McDonagh: "I called Stammer today and he was just getting off the ice with Kuch and what is it? May 21st? How can you not be excited to join a group of guys like that?"

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
If there is actually no retention on this, this is a move I don't like too much.
McD is old, to me it feels a bit like a paniky move.

Reactions: Meuracas

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
It never felt good to see the team move on from Vinny. To me as a younger fan, he was the Tampa Bay Lightning. Seeing him in Flyers orange was repulsive. Seeing Marty in a Rangers jersey was just as bad. But in the end both moves ended up being in the best interest of the franchise. I really don't want to see Stammer go. I feel attached emotionally to him like I was to Vinny and Marty, but I want this team to do whatever it has to do to be success and win. Hopefully it all works out, but we'll see :(
Same here but it’s a little different this time. Marty wanted to leave and Vinny was washed by the end. Stammer though? He was our best player against the Panthers and can still score 40 goals. If he leaves because JBB decided to extend others before the long time leader and face of the franchise who clearly wants to stay, man…I’d rather make Sheary the GM.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad