TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - PART XII

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So, Michael, who dropped 950 M on a purchase, of which some 700m was his share. Of which some 400 M was probably financed. For which he must repay at 30 M a year.. And now adds 20 M in team loses, of which 12 M is his. Making his total tab a cool 42 M. ... Now old Michael has to rethink, best in class...

where are you getting your numbers about the sale of the Senators?

Andlauer is the Majority owner… and there are a number of minority owners…what exactly is their (percentage) their share?

We know the Sisters retained 10%, so what do your sources tell you how the remaining 90% is divided up?

OR, are you just taking a guess?

Once the teams makes the playoffs, his revenue soars and he will have greater latitude. But A must come before B. He has to hope a more stream lined operation achieves success. Makes the playoffs, wins a series.

This season has to have been a nightmare for him and the league. I cannot help but think that all expected a playoff year. So 17,500 is 18,500 and 2-6 home playoff dates. Now the team makes 5-10 M and his net tab is 23 M and not 42 M.

Playoff revenue, as far as I know is NOT HRR, and therefore how it is used, is up to the (Majority and Minority) owners…. So they’re under no obligation to invest their playoff revenues into the franchise.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020

Andlauer is the Majority owner… and there are a number of minority owners…what exactly is their (percentage) their share?

We know the Sisters retained 10%, so what do your sources tell you how the remaining 90% is divided up?

Playoff revenue, as far as I know is NOT HRR, and therefore how it is used, is up to the (Majority and Minority) owners…. So they’re under no obligation to invest their playoff revenues into the franchise.
1) 950 m sale price for 90%
2) reports at time of sale was 100 M, from each partner (MALHOTRA, York And SOME MINOR GUYS).. Leaving some 700 M as his
3) he sells HABS Share for 250 M. Remove taxes, remove fees. He clears 200 M.
4) adds another 100 in money from his sources to lesson any borrowing. Leaves him 400 M to finance.

so his share is some 700 M from 1050 M.. or about 68/69%. Now that does not stop him from requiring all partners to be silent and even though, he is not 100% owner, he gets 100% authority.

That is it Dude.. Basic math, basic assumptions.

Playoff revenue is not HRR.. But it is team revenue. An owner will generally use it, to pay down debts. As he pays down debts, it allows him latitude to take less from the regular season revenue to pay off debt. Thus allowing for a more generous operation.

Yes, he is under no obligation. But he is smart enough to know that; put the money back in, and it allows you to make more.. A lesson The Euge failed to understand.

Should Andlauer and partners, decide that playoff revenue is for yacht trips on the Caribbean, They will discover what Eugene did.. There will be no playoff revenue.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Playoff revenue is HRR, but about 30% of gate revenue is used for revenue sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: thinkwild

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
1) 950 m sale price for 90%
2) reports at time of sale was 100 M, from each partner (MALHOTRA, York And SOME MINOR GUYS).. Leaving some 700 M as his
3) he sells HABS Share for 250 M. Remove taxes, remove fees. He clears 200 M.
4) adds another 100 in money from his sources to lesson any borrowing. Leaves him 400 M to finance.

so his share is some 700 M from 1050 M.. or about 68/69%. Now that does not stop him from requiring all partners to be silent and even though, he is not 100% owner, he gets 100% authority.

That is it Dude.. Basic math, basic assumptions.

Playoff revenue is not HRR.. But it is team revenue. An owner will generally use it, to pay down debts. As he pays down debts, it allows him latitude to take less from the regular season revenue to pay off debt. Thus allowing for a more generous operation.

Yes, he is under no obligation. But he is smart enough to know that; put the money back in, and it allows you to make more.. A lesson The Euge failed to understand.

Should Andlauer and partners, decide that playoff revenue is for yacht trips on the Caribbean, They will discover what Eugene did.. There will be no playoff revenue.
I thought Mendes and a few others said the 950, includes the daughters share.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Playoff revenue is HRR, also, a portion of it actually is mandated to be used towards revenue sharing.

HRR includes:
  • NHL regular season and playoff gate receipts
  • Pre-season games
  • Special games (All-Star Game specifically mentioned)
  • NHL national, international and national digital broadcasts
  • NHL Networks
  • Local cable television broadcasts
  • Local over-the-air television broadcasts
  • Local pay-per-view, satellite and other broadcasts
  • Local radio broadcasts
  • Club internet (revenue generated from operation of team websites)
  • Publications
  • In-arena novelty sales
  • Non-arena novelty sales
  • Concessions (during NHL games)
  • Luxury boxes/suites
  • Club/premium seats
  • Fixed signage and arena sponsorships
  • Temporary signage and club sponsorships
  • Dasherboards
  • Parking (during NHL games)
  • International hockey games
  • Other revenues: left open-ended, but mentioned are club and/or league-sponsored or branded events, sale of player-worn jerseys or equipment, among others.
From memory here, but as I recall revenue sharing has several funding phases to get to the target of about 6% of HRR, 35% of playoff gates are used to fund up to 50% of the target amount, Top 10 revenue teams are contributing teams, and fund up to another 50%, if they haven't met the target the central funds are used to make up the difference. bottom 10 are recipients.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
I thought Mendes and a few others said the 950, includes the daughters share.
Probably, I searched forever for someone to confirm. I even asked on here.

At the time (8-10 months ago), no one replied.

Okay, so 950-95 = 855

Less Malhotra's 100, less Yorks 100, less other (50-100).. leaves him at 600.. Canadians sale nets 200, he is at 400.. Now a question of; did he finance all or did he add money from his own worth?

So, maybe down to 300 borrowed. Still a pretty pennie.. 20-22 M in yearly payments, You sure as heck don't need to add loses.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Probably, I searched forever for someone to confirm. I even asked on here.

At the time (8-10 months ago), no one replied.

Okay, so 950-95 = 855

Less Malhotra's 100, less Yorks 100, less other (50-100).. leaves him at 600.. Canadians sale nets 200, he is at 400.. Now a question of; did he finance all or did he add money from his own worth?

So, maybe down to 300 borrowed. Still a pretty pennie.. 20-22 M in yearly payments, You sure as heck don't need to add loses.
Not to mention borrowing increases with new arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad