The Vancouver Canucks: Great Moments in Time

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Whenever he posts it, I'll add it here.

In the meantime - the US call was pretty solid.

That's the call in the NHL.com link I posted but minus the garbage gambling ad. However, the NHL.com version is longer and the colour guy notes how Petey actually knocked the puck down so Lindholm could get it.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
TNT went on to highlight after whether the puck was offside as there were Canucks clearly in zone and one of them was getting off the ice into the door à la the Sharks call the San Jose fans didn't understand.
But the linesman caught that McDavid? knocked it into his own zone (I think by accident as he was being checked) and made a great call on the spot pointing to who, what, and why.

update: nm. saw the replay again and that was the Di Giuseppi goal that is playing second fiddle to JT's last minute winner which also deserves great moments.

You can see the great Linesman call at 4 seconds and details at the 47 second shows that it was Draisaitl who shot it in. TNT highlighted exactly the same.

Two great plays - one from DiG and one from Linesman
Matt MacPherson #83
MM83.jpg

In the words from Jim Hughson, "Great Call MacPherson!"

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
My ultimate memory was the first ever game I attended. Round 2 of the 1995 playoffs. I was 10 and my mom and I were sitting in the nose bleeds. Have hated Chicago since that series. Same with Chelios.

Even though we lost, the 2011 run was special. Burrows winning goal in game 7 against the Hawks. Bieksa against SJ

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad