Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Dallas has to be chuckling at their quality of opponents this round especially after the last 2

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Took the words from my mouth. Dallas is likely the deepest team in the playoffs. The Oilers have the higher skill ceiling, but our depth doesn't match up well... Not to mention Skinner has looked shaky in his last 4 starts.

Hoping for a win, but won't be mad if Stars make it past us.

You should be mad if Stars make it past you. You guys have the 2 best players in the world (and Bouchard playing as the best defenseman in these playoffs). True that Dallas is an extremely strong and deep team - but this is as good as it's ever going to get for Oilers with this core. You have to find a way to win now, even if it means leaning too much on McDrai, because this might be the best chance you ever get.

It's a lot to ask of McDrai - but they need to continue scoring at the insane pace they have been. Dallas won't be able to win if McDavid or Drai are rifling off 3 or 4 points every game or two.

As for Skinner - no doubt he's going to have to play well. Or at least, not play bad, if Oilers are to win.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Dallas has to be chuckling at their quality of opponents this round especially after the last 2

People are too dismissive of Oilers. Since their coaching change this year, they are:

#1 in ponits
#1 in wins
#2 in goals for (3 behind Colorado)
#6 in goals against
#3 in power play
#7 in the PK
#3 in faceoffs (I know, not the most important metric, but it was there so I thought I'd list it)

They've legitimately been the best team in the league since the new coaching change.

They also have the two best players in the league in McDavid + Draisaitl. And Bouchard has been phenomenal too in the playoffs.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What about special teams?
Huge advantage to EDM there…if it’s a ref-fest this series could turn in the Oilers favor quickly.
Depends, special teams was pretty bad near the end of the Vancouver series. Dallas is rested, they need to go hard physically

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Oilers top 2 lines should be better, while Stars bottom 2 lines are far better, especially the 3rd line.

For defensemen, Oilers first pairing is better while Stars have significantly better bottom 4.

For power play, Oilers are better. For penalty kill, Stars are better.

For goalies, Stars are significantly better.

Overall, this looks like a "depth vs high-end"-kinda matchup.

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
From my limited viewings, Dallas might be the deepest team in the NHL. They can quite literally roll 4 lines and three pairings and they are fine. Not to mention Otter is a beast. They wore down the Avalanche with just wave after wave with each line. I'm honestly impressed by them.

If the Stars are healthy, I think they take this in 5.
Dallas also has been rolling 5 D most of the playoffs and last of the regular season.

When hakannpaa comes back the D will be fire

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Dallas in 6. Edmonton had the easiest path so far. Probably a top 8 team, but not top 4.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
dallas in 3 and thats being generous
Oilers barely beat a canucks team with their 3rd string goalie and their best goal scorer out the last game

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Oilers top 2 lines should be better, while Stars bottom 2 lines are far better, especially the 3rd line.

For defensemen, Oilers first pairing is better while Stars have significantly better bottom 4.

For power play, Oilers are better. For penalty kill, Stars are better.

For goalies, Stars are significantly better.

Overall, this looks like a "depth vs high-end"-kinda matchup.
What makes Dallas PK better?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Edmonton winning one game would be a victory. Because two sweeps within three years won't look good on McDrai's resume.

And yes I realize it's a team sport. But fairly or unfairly, they will be criticized if they go out with a whimper.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Oh man. Honestly heard day to day last week so thought he was close.

Wishful thinking on my part

Yeah, Dallas has been pretty liberal with that designation for a while now.

During the season I think they had Oettinger labeled as "day to day" while being out for 2-3 weeks.

Are we really comparing 13 games vs Vegas & Colorado with 12 games vs Los Angeles and the Demko-less Canucks?

C'mon now, don't bring logic into it. Makes it less fun for them. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad