Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Oilers defense has been excellent in these playoffs so far but Dallas has stronger depth then LA and Vancouver. If the Oilers can maintain their current defensive play they have a good shot to win but it will depend on their goaltending as well. Dallas is a veteran team with excellent depth and a great goaltender. They are a very strong team. I think it's going to be a really tough series. I think Edmonton will need better goaltending then they have had so far for a chance to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobieque

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I think people here are underestimating the power of Corey Perry being on the Oilers. That dude lately basically guarantees a team through to the SCF.

Stars are clear underdogs

Except he's been scratched the last two games. The dude is done.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
The Oilers defense has been excellent in these playoffs so we will see if Dallas can get more shots and scoring chances then LA and the Canucks got. If the Oilers can maintain their current defensive play they have a great shot to win it but it will depend on their goaltending as well. I don't think any team can defend the Oilers much better then either LA or the Canucks did, Dallas is going to need to play good defense and get excellent goaltending also. They are a veteran team with excellent depth and a great goaltender. I think it's going to be a really tough series.
So you are saying LA and Vancouver have a better offense than Dallas? Strange. You also saying they have a better defense? Strange. Dallas just beat a better version of the oilers in Colorado. They have mackinnon and rantanen just like McDri. Nichuskin scored just like Hyman. The difference is Edmonton has no defenders like makar and toews. Both have subpar goalies. Although I would take georgiev over skinner.

This has to be a completely biased post. You’re in for a surprise. Dallas is far superior to LA and Vancouver. If Colorado or Vegas was in the Pacific bracket they would be playing in the conference finals.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Depends, special teams was pretty bad near the end of the Vancouver series. Dallas is rested, they need to go hard physically

We won the special teams battle in games 6/7 though. 😂

Literally our pp went 1/2 and our pk went 3/3. Those are both great numbers. In game 6 we looked all 5 penalties.

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I'm very curious how long it's going to take for my negative feelings towards the Dallas Stars franchise to bubble up. They have been dormant since the 90's.

At least this time you Stars fans will get to feel what it was like for us whenever Modano picked up the puck in his own zone with speed. Full on clench every time.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Although I would take georgiev over skinner.

I was agreeing with your post until this. Yeah... no. 6eorgiev or whatever they call him... he's awful.

Dallas definitely has the better goaltending but again... stuff happens in the playoffs. You have to actually play the games and injuries and bounces happen.

That used to be Pat Maroon too, but the magic is gone

I was about to say... if the Oilers brought back PattyCake and had Perry = guaranteed SCF.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Oilers have the 3 top scorer's in the playoffs.....McDavid/Drai and Bouchard are > anything the stars have faced so far.

If last years wild took this stars team to 6 games....the Oilers can for sure win this series.

Otter is pretty mentally fragile - easy to rattle. Mcdavid and Drai are already in his head. Oilers in 6.
Counterpoint: Dallas beat Vegas and Colorado who've both manhandled the Oilers in the last two playoffs

The analytics guys think the Oilers are the favorite.

View attachment 873918
All the more reason to be confident in Dallas

Reactions: ElGuapo and LT

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I was agreeing with your post until this. Yeah... no. 6eorgiev or whatever they call him... he's awful.

Dallas definitely has the better goaltending but again... stuff happens in the playoffs. You have to actually play the games and injuries and bounces happen.

I was about to say... if the Oilers brought back PattyCake and had Perry = guaranteed SCF.
Fat Pat patrolling the red line while mean-mugging the other team during warm ups would definitely put Oilers over the top, indeed.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I make no predictions, but the Stars beat the last two champs when less rested than their opponent, (and supposedly less used to Denver's rare air, yet won all 3 games).

Now they face a team like the Avs and this time we are the more rested team.

I am 51% confident that they will prevail against the Oil.

Reactions: Elysian

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Dallas in 6

I gave Edmonton 2 games because McDavid and Draisaitl will go off for at least 2 games I believe.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
So you are saying LA and Vancouver have a better offense than Dallas? Strange. You also saying they have a better defense? Strange. Dallas just beat a better version of the oilers in Colorado. They have mackinnon and rantanen just like McDri. Nichuskin scored just like Hyman. The difference is Edmonton has no defenders like makar and toews. Both have subpar goalies. Although I would take georgiev over skinner.

This has to be a completely biased post. You’re in for a surprise. Dallas is far superior to LA and Vancouver. If Colorado or Vegas was in the Pacific bracket they would be playing in the conference finals.

Neither Mackinnon nor Rantanen have been anywhere near as impactful as McDavid and Drai have been this playoffs. A better version of the Oilers in the Av's? lol. Delusional.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I did not realize the Dallas Stars were the greatest team ever assembled. I honestly hope they let the Oilers at least take warmup before sending them home in 4.
Not the greatest team ever assembled, they're simply just a better team than the Oilers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Neither Mackinnon nor Rantanen have been anywhere near as impactful as McDavid and Drai have been this playoffs. A better version of the Oilers in the Av's? lol. Delusional.

They were equally, if not more impactful against Winnipeg.

You know why that dropped off? They ran into Dallas.

LA and VAN have nowhere near the defensive personnel or team defense structure Dallas has.

Anyone who's watched the games can see this.

freelancer799

Apr 25, 2018
The Oilers have the 3 top scorer's in the playoffs.....McDavid/Drai and Bouchard are > anything the stars have faced so far.

If last years wild took this stars team to 6 games....the Oilers can for sure win this series.

Otter is pretty mentally fragile - easy to rattle. Mcdavid and Drai are already in his head. Oilers in 6.
How about you look at who the top scorers were after the 1st round and what happened to that group as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad