Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Gotta say it's interesting how the perception on the Canucks has so swiftly gone from "Nashville couldn't score on them because they have such a hard working defensive structure and a pile of big, mean defensemen" to "lol of course the Oilers scored on Vancouver."
It’s been happening for years now, Calgary in 2022 went from “arguably the only match for Colorado with the best defense and depth in the league” to “overrated frauds in a weak division” when the Oilers beat them. Canucks were at the top of the league all year and went 4-0 against the Oilers this year. There’s a weird tendency by certain posters to downplay anything the Oilers do. Can they win the cup? I don’t know. But 2 conference finals in 3 years is no fluke.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
No one is salty we are just pointing out that this is going to be a cake walk. We don’t really care it doesn’t take a lot of hockey knowledge to see the outcome here. Like I’m sure the oiler fans know they don’t have a shot here but it’s copium as drai and mcdavid are on their last years and they have no prospects or help on the way. Decade of darkness 2.0 incoming
That entire post was dripping with salt....

All, ALL the analytics state this series is going to be close, and the Oilers come out on top on most of those stats, it's only the Oiler haters that are saying it will be a cakewalk. You haters wanting something to be true doesn't make it so.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
How about you look at who the top scorers were after the 1st round and what happened to that group as well
Why is this post getting likes? The top scorer was McDavid at 12 in 5 games. Followed by Drai at 10. The Avs trio was tied with Bouch at 9....they were not better offensively. The difference between WPG and LA GA/G was marginal, they were ranked 2 and 3 in the regular season.

They were equally, if not more impactful against Winnipeg.

You know why that dropped off? They ran into Dallas.

LA and VAN have nowhere near the defensive personnel or team defense structure Dallas has.

Anyone who's watched the games can see this.
They weren't though. And LAs entire existence is defensive structure, they were right behind WPG all season in GA/G

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Feels nice for the Oilers to be back in their natural position of underdog. Special things happen with the Oilers and underdog status. Feels nice and familiar. Time to SHOCK the World!

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I'd say that Dallas should be the heavy favourites in this one. Their style hasn't really been suitable for Edmonton. For the Oilers to get anything out of this, they need to be much more consistant, and have Skinner improve his play by at least five levels. It's one thing to get past sub-par goaltending, but you can't have that and have the team stop playing half the time. Edmonton is just hit-and-miss to the extreme. Some nights they look like they will trounce no matter who you put in their path, next time they look like everyone just woke up from party-night in the offseason.

Obviously every team will have its ups and downs, but to me it feels like of the remaining teams they are easily the most susceptible to it. Doesn't mean they lack the means to succeed, but of the remaining four I'd put their chances the lowest. Then again, once you've got this far, anything goes.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
I see this series playing out very differently than the oilers-canucks series. I expect a lot of chances both ways on the rush which is how the oilers like to play. I think that will make this series close despite how lopsided goaltending and d are in favor of the stars.

Dallas is the clear fav but I see it going 6 or 7 games and I think people will be surprised with how the oilers compete if they can get even mediocre goaltending. Dallas has outplayed every team these playoffs but they haven't been as opportunistic as the Canucks.
No one is salty we are just pointing out that this is going to be a cake walk. We don’t really care it doesn’t take a lot of hockey knowledge to see the outcome here. Like I’m sure the oiler fans know they don’t have a shot here but it’s copium as drai and mcdavid are on their last years and they have no prospects or help on the way. Decade of darkness 2.0 incoming
Of course you guys are salty. I can't think of another franchise in all of professional sports that constantly build up hype every regular season only to shit the bed every postseason. Wearing that jersey is just humiliating at this point.

Pointing the finger at another Canadian franchise is always a great attempt at deflection. The Canucks, Flames, Canadiens and oilers have all have had infinite more playoff success than the leafs have had over these last 4 years.

Reactions: Kerberos

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
All these pundits claiming Dallas is easy go put some money in it books are offering you almost double your money.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Its amazing how many Canadian fans know nothing about Dallas based on some of these posts. Isn't this supposed to be your sport?
What's there to know? We just gotta shut down Modano, Hull and Joey N. Then worry about beating Hatcher and Sydor on the back end. Keep a close eye on Zubov and play the body hard on Morrow and Matvichuk. Then we should be able to win if Belfour or Moog are having bad days.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
What's there to know? We just gotta shut down Modano, Hull and Joey N. Then worry about beating Hatcher and Sydor on the back end. Keep a close eye on Zubov and play the body hard on Morrow and Matvichuk. Then we should be able to win if Belfour or Moog are having bad days.
What happens if Bellows gets hot?

Reactions: Coffey

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
It's the Langenbrunners and Lehtinens that stifle us in the end, along with Derian Hatcher the human backpack.

Reactions: Coffey

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
He's given up 2 or less in 9 of 13. He's had a save percentage under .920 in 4 of 13. A Save percentage OVER .940 in 7 of 13.

Dunno where you're getting average from.
The stats have been lights out defensively. Otter has not looked comfortable in net more than a few games. He’s committing too soon on some, overcommitting on others. I don’t think it’ll take much to rattle his confidence.

• Haha
Reactions: ElGuapo

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Dallas fans know this wont be 4 games like the HF hipsters want to say. Dallas never makes things easy.
It's a historical match-up for sure, had quite the rivalry in the 90's and early 2000's, was at a lot of those games and they were intense. Hope for an Oilers win but all the teams in the running haven't won one in 20 years, so this year the cup will actually be earned. Cheers!

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Now that we have had our fun, I would expect Dallas to be the favourite. Deep team, good d, great goalie, good coaching. Not a lot of weakness other than the PK. Not sure there will be enough powerplays to even this out, but hoping for a great series. Good luck Stars fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad