Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Struggling to give Edmonton a game.

Dallas in 4.

Dallas had to go through Vegas and Colorado. Edmonton had to go through LA and a Demko and later Boeser-less Vancouver.
Doesn’t matter who they faced to get here. Anything can happen in a 7 game series and it’s not like Edmonton are some Cinderella .

Sure Dallas may have the more balanced roster but Edmonton has the better individual stars, assuming McDavid wakes up he can take over

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I think the biggest problem is chugging out Lundqvist and Suter for like 4 minutes a game, forcing the other D to play like 30 minutes each. Against a speedy team like Colorado, you get pinned in your own zone for 2 minutes at a time is basically an insurmountable task.

40 year old Pavelski and Suter and some wet behind the ears early 20 somethings....Dallas is such a deep team. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What's there to know? We just gotta shut down Modano, Hull and Joey N. Then worry about beating Hatcher and Sydor on the back end. Keep a close eye on Zubov and play the body hard on Morrow and Matvichuk. Then we should be able to win if Belfour or Moog are having bad days.
I still hate that Grumpy Old Men line.

Jesus christ what a bunch of workhorses those assholes were.

Thomas Tatar

Although this isn't the answer most Stars fans will give you it's mine. Always a bridesmaid never a bride. In the last five seasons, including this one, Dallas has gotten to the Conference Finals or beyond now 3 times, losing to the eventual Cup champions every time. We've been good, but not good enough and quite frankly this is by far the best overall team during that era. It's our time now.

We fans remember the bankruptcy years. The players and teams that quit on themselves. The god awful drafting for so long till recently. The string of trash goalies till the one decent one got hurt. The all gas no brakes Lindy teams that were hella fun to watch but nowhere near Stanley Cup Champion quality. The couldn't score with drunk, naked co-eds team in 2022. What could should have been in St. Louis in 2019.

I know every team has a story similar. There's only one Cup champion every year, but this is our year. We Deserve It.
Imagine being a Leafs fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
:laugh: Your point was proven wrong. He made a speech, his team followed through with it and steam rolled the team. Can the Oilers players even hear McDavid when he talks, or do they need to get him a megaphone for his pregame speeches?
Then they faltered under utter disbelief.

McD actions speak far louder than any lame lockerroom speech

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
40 year old Pavelski and Suter and some wet behind the ears early 20 somethings....Dallas is such a deep team. :sarcasm::sarcasm:
I mean, aside from Stank and Wyatt there's not a lot of youth playing up front. Dellandrea is the only one 23. On D, the only issue imo is Nils, but that's mostly because of the injury to Hakinpaa

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You would not have beaten Vegas or Colorado. Edmonton got the easy bracket and did not look amazing.

Bouchard is having a good playoffs but has really not faced a good team. LA is not a good team. Vancouver was injury riddled and yet took you to 7 games. Edmonton is over hyped by Canadian media.
Canadian media ignores the Oilers unless something bad happens or someone breaks a record. Your bias is absolutely showing through here.

Vancouver was riddled with injuries, but Colorado wasn't? Everyone is injured this time of year, the Oilers have injuries too. That's not a legitimate excuse.

I believe we would have beaten Vegas. The only reason they beat us last year was goaltending and their goalies have come back down to earth.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Funny enough, I think both teams basically adjusted from their Vegas series a year ago.

Dallas completely loaded up on depth
Edmonton completely revamped their systems to be more of a zone-defense, while acquiiring a couple of depth pieces (if Henrique could get healthy).

I think this series will kind of resemble both teams playing Vegas last season.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Gonna have to root for the Oils. That's how much I can't stand that ***** Duchene.
I dont believe you, I didnt think there was a hate in this world stronger than your hate for the Oilers...pics of Oiler decor or Jersey otherwise it didn't happen.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Their ENTIRE 12 player forward lineup has 73 pts.....the Oliers top 4 forwards have 74 ( in one less game which is 12 skaters)

Evan Bouchard has 20 points, Dallas' entire defensive core 22 pts. (one less game. 6 skaters)

Those are prime examples of depth, but I know which I'd take.

If you're going to say Dallas has depth, you have to also say give credit to skill. Edmonton has 11 goals from their D...Dallas 7 If you took away those 4 goals and gave them to our bottom 6, you couldn't even argue they have better depth.

What would a team rather defend against? 4 decent lines that are all kinda the same or 2 lines that terrify you? No one on the Oliers is crapping their pants based on Dallas' forward group, I guarantee you that Dallas isn't thinking that.

98.2 vs 128.9.....They say the combination of PK & PP needs to be at the very least a 100% to be a wash. Special teams heavily favor the Oilers.

Goaltending will be the difference maker. There is not one Oiler fan that would take Skinner over Ottenger, not one. BUT, if (and its a big if) Skinner can play like he's capable of. He doesn't even need to be better than Ottenger, just kinda hold his own. I like the Oilers chances.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Is there any scenario where Pavelski could be scratched? Having not watched many Stars games, is his game better than his recent playoff stats indicate?

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
I'm not even going to pretend my Oil are better than Dallas. They are unbelievably well built.

I did pick my Oil in 7. We need everything to go right for us though. I mean everything....

McDrai and Bouch to keep rolling
Hollo to keep surprising
Skinner to be .910
Nurse to improve before Thursday
Ceci to improve... oh who the f*** am I kidding

Nonetheless... Oilers in 7. I jumped on this wagon a long ass time ago and am not jumping off.
If the Oilers play like they did in games 6 and 7 against the Canucks...this will be a tight series....

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
kinda unsettling, actually.
If only you guys hated us 1% as much as the non-Stars fans cheering for you do.

Which is nice, I need a non-volatile series after the last one.
You dudes are chill.
We just have to fend off hordes and hordes of Leaf/Van/Flames fans white knighting by your side. :laugh:

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I dont believe you, I didnt think there was a hate in this world stronger than your hate for the Oilers...pics of Oiler decor or Jersey otherwise it didn't happen.
Nah Muffin isn't the worst of the Avs legion.
Others are much much worse.

Reactions: Mez

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sadly I think Dallas matches up terribly with the Oilers. I think the OIlers are going to the finals.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
If the Oilers play like they did in games 6 and 7 against the Canucks...this will be a tight series....

Oilers played well but Vancouver shit the bed. Don't see that happening with Dallas.

Personally I had Dallas, Vegas, and Colorado as the west favorites before playoffs (Did not expect them to end up in WC2). Dallas beating both is very impressive.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Canadian media ignores the Oilers unless something bad happens or someone breaks a record. Your bias is absolutely showing through here.

Vancouver was riddled with injuries, but Colorado wasn't? Everyone is injured this time of year, the Oilers have injuries too. That's not a legitimate excuse.

I believe we would have beaten Vegas. The only reason they beat us last year was goaltending and their goalies have come back down to earth.
And what earth are you on that your goalie is any good? Vegas has much better goaltending than Edmonton.

Sadly I think Dallas matches up terribly with the Oilers. I think the OIlers are going to the finals.
Care to elaborate? Where is the bad match up?

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010

Why do you think that? I think many people here would suggest the opposite is true.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why do you think that? I think many people here would suggest the opposite is true.

Oilers struggle against certain play styles. I think Dallas plays the exact type of game the Oilers want to play. Oilers are beatable when teams stack their bluelines and collapse on net. Oh and when teams can kill penalties.

I think the Stars goaltending is pretty mid. If they want to get into a scoring battle with McDavid and the Oilers good luck

Reactions: Perfect_Drug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad