Value of: Who stays and who goes in Vancouver this summer?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I don't want this to be mistaken for me to trying to gas up Mikheyev as a guy with any actual value, and I wouldn't trade for him unless I got at least a 2nd from VAN...

... but I do think Mikheyev poses a better case than a lot of other guys in salary dumps like Beauvillier, who I have no idea why Chicago took for free. He's still good defensively, and there's the chance that another 3-4 months of rest/rehab on the knee gets the pace back into his game.

He was very high in the league in ES goals before he ran into the 1 goal in 60 games stretch to finish the year, but that's when his skating was the most laboured? He was also good the previous year before he was shut down, even with his skating looking bad. Obvious limitations with this player, but I think for a rebuilding team, it's worthwhile to consider

Chicago didn't have any NHL calibre skaters due to Hall and everyone else going down with injuries.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Probably not much as our picks and pool situation aren't great.

That should be reasonable but would San Jose really do that?
I would think they'd consider it. They need to move out some of the blue liners they have on the right side to try and improve. They also need to spend about 15 mil to reach the floor and need a winger or two. I'm sure they'd prefer to do something to get the 2nd round pick instead by maybe adding a later round pick to balance it out but there's good reasons to do a deal like that.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I would think they'd consider it. They need to move out some of the blue liners they have on the right side to try and improve. They also need to spend about 15 mil to reach the floor and need a winger or two. I'm sure they'd prefer to do something to get the 2nd round pick instead by maybe adding a later round pick to balance it out but there's good reasons to do a deal like that.
The Canucks simply don't have the draft capital to fix this mistake with a second rounder and who knows if he is more healthy and has a good start to next season move him then maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad