OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread - Pre-Season starts Mon May 20 at Sask 3pm (Watch on CFL+)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yup it's the same old same old. Every team plays their starters in their home pre-season game and almost always wins. And it's the same story always.

As I keep telling my fiancee, this game is NOT about score. It's about seeing how some of the guys compete to real live snaps. There's a TON of roster battles this year, this most position battles we've had since at least 2019. Can't wait to see if anyone stands out here.

Cruickshanks as the KR/PR is another one to watch. This guy went to the same school as Janarion Grant, hopefully he can replicate some of Grant's success. Still not sure why he's not back (Grant that is). He never signed elsewhere, I guess he's just retiring? Too bad cause he was on the verge of breaking some CFL records.
IIRC we went back up heavy at home too last year and lost. It’ll be good to see our rookies against the Sask #1s, though. Looking forward to seeing Barriere play, and who stands out at receiver and DL.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Barrier will be cut - that was ugly. Streve a bit rusty but looked decent.

Garbutt, Ford and Case were good... thought Lofton was decent on the right side. Not sold on Wallace.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
2 preseason games to stick around you have to stand out and be noticed, some have and may be valuable contributors this year , some are playing their first and last game as a Bombers hopeful

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
So....Tyrell Pigrome is a FA...
No kidding... that was ugly.

Wilson is okay but he seems like a QB that needs to freelance to succeed and that won't last. Barriere is gone.

Chauncey Rivers was noticeable in that 2nd half for me - you're right. Other than that, no one stood out - except our bad ST and our soft D... Sask backups looked good against us.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Wilson will get another look at QB but he wasn’t great. Barriere probably played himself into a cut. Not sure he’ll be able to salvage anything if he makes it into the next game. I said before he had tantalizing stats, but most training camp QBs do. He’s already 26 and that was an ugly, ugly performance. Concerning if those two were the best the scouting staff was able to unearth.

Hoping special teams won’t be an issue again this year but kick coverage was poor and none of our returners showed much of anything.

Liked our run defence for the most part. Streveler looked good once he shook off the rust. Castillo good as well. Lots of cuts and decisions to make over the next couple weeks, should be interesting.

Sask commentary team on CFL+ was absolutely unbearable.

And as I suspected, there’s a batch of Riders fans on Reddit thumping their chests about much better the Riders look than they did last year. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad