2023-2024 EPL Season

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sancho wasn't in the dog house until he took ETH saying that he made a team selection decision based on quality shown in training as some sort of personal attack and publicly went after the manager and then refused to apologize. Sancho got plenty of chances before that including the team giving him a ton of individual training time and even letting him get away for a few months to try to focus and regain confidence.
Imagine if he had just said "I'll work twice as hard in training to make sure the manager never gets that impression again.". Damn streets for not allowing him to do that...

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Can't understand anyone watching these fan influencers, they are all 100% crap
Meh, it's entertainment. It's not like I am giving them any of my money and it's not like I go out of my way to watch them. I tend to watch 3-4 episodes of theirs per month and it tends to be the ones which have shocking results like when Man United, Chelsea, or Spurs lose. I would've added City to this list, but they legitimately have zero fans.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Meh, it's entertainment. It's not like I am giving them any of my money and it's not like I go out of my way to watch them. I tend to watch 3-4 episodes of theirs per month and it tends to be the ones which have shocking results like when Man United, Chelsea, or Spurs lose. I would've added City to this list, but they legitimately have zero fans.
So true. :laugh:

I only watch some clips if Youtube recommends them I don't go out of my way to look for them. Unless Arsenal lose, then I'm off to AFTV ASAP (among many other people). :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Imagine if he had been signed by a competent organization.
Organization has nothing to do with him being constantly late for training (even while at Dortmund), putting in half assed efforts during games (need I remind you of all the times hatterson went after him for his lack of effort?).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Organization has nothing to do with him being constantly late for training (even while at Dortmund), putting in half assed efforts during games (need I remind you of all the times hatterson went after him for his lack of effort?).

Organization typically has something do with it when an excellent player suddenly starts playing like shit for them, before going right back to being excellent as soon as he’s playing for a team that is less depressing.

There’s a reason one is playing in the big game today and the other just watching :dunno:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Organization typically has something do with it when an excellent player suddenly starts playing like shit for them, before going right back to being excellent as soon as he’s playing for a team that is less depressing.

There’s a reason one is playing in the big game today and the other just watching :dunno:
He was literally given "everything", time off to train by himself in Holland to get his physique and head in shape last season. Didn't help. SAF would have given him the same treatment as he has zero tolerance for players being late or complaining in public. Roy Keane missed the bus for an away game due to getting stuck in traffic but the bus didn't wait for him and he didn't play in the next game either.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He was literally given "everything", time off to train by himself in Holland to get his physique and head in shape last season. Didn't help. SAF would have given him the same treatment as he has zero tolerance for players being late or complaining in public. Roy Keane missed the bus for an away game due to getting stuck in traffic but the bus didn't wait for him and he didn't play in the next game either.

...and yet after just a few months away he was the best player in a CL semifinal :dunno:

I probably should've said "healthy environment" again because I don't think the problem was just about Sancho & ManU.

I think the pressure of "coming home", him getting dejected when it took a year longer for him to get his move because you tried to pinch pennies, the toxic English press, and a number of other things all contributed...as well as Jaden & the organization.

But the player is just too good outside away from that environment to pretend that the only problem was with him...and it's not like ManU doesn't have a reputation for dysfunction that predated Sancho *shrug*

I wasn't his biggest fan in his first run in the BuLi. I thought people under-estimated how much he benefitted from the under-rated Haaland and I thought he pouted his final season with Dortmund after almost getting the move he wanted

...but the dude has just been playing some great football lately :dunno:

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
...and yet after just a few months away he was the best player in a CL semifinal :dunno:

I probably should've said "healthy environment" again because I don't think the problem was just about Sancho & ManU.

I think the pressure of "coming home", him getting dejected when it took a year longer for him to get his move because you tried to pinch pennies, the toxic English press, and a number of other things all contributed...as well as Jaden & the organization.

But the player is just too good outside away from that environment to pretend that the only problem was with him...and it's not like ManU doesn't have a reputation for dysfunction that predated Sancho *shrug*

I wasn't his biggest fan in his first run in the BuLi. I thought people under-estimated how much he benefitted from the under-rated Haaland and I thought he pouted his final season with Dortmund after almost getting the move he wanted

...but the dude has just been playing some great football lately :dunno:
Over a year ago.

I think you're having too much of a recency bias in evaluating him. If his whole season was "this" good, then he would be in the Euro squad for England.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Over a year ago.

I think you're having too much of a recency bias in evaluating him. If his whole season was "this" good, then he would be in the Euro squad for England.
I don’t think he should’ve been in the England squad (too much depth in those positions), but deferring to Southgate as an authority is strange when it’s clear that (at least as far as his recent squads are concerned), if you play outside of the PL, it’s very hard to get called up if you’re an established staple in the squad.

Trippier (when at Atletico), Bellingham, Kane. These guys were already core guys. And Bellingham was called up outside of England (as Sancho was earlier) when he was too good to conceive of leaving out.

But guys like Tomori and Loftus Cheek, both of whom had amazing club seasons and should be in the squad, lose out. And the explanation is that Southgate pays little attention outside of the PL - If you’re a cusp player and play on the continent, you won’t get a look.

Again, I don’t think Sancho should’ve been in the England squad. But I also don’t think his absence should really be used as an indicator of anything.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I don’t think he should’ve been in the England squad (too much depth in those positions), but deferring to Southgate as an authority is strange when it’s clear that (at least as far as his recent squads are concerned), if you play outside of the PL, it’s very hard to get called up if you’re an established staple in the squad.

Trippier (when at Atletico), Bellingham, Kane. These guys were already core guys. And Bellingham was called up outside of England (as Sancho was earlier) when he was too good to conceive of leaving out.

But guys like Tomori and Loftus Cheek, both of whom had amazing club seasons and should be in the squad, lose out. And the explanation is that Southgate pays little attention outside of the PL - If you’re a cusp player and play on the continent, you won’t get a look.

Again, I don’t think Sancho should’ve been in the England squad. But I also don’t think his absence should really be used as an indicator of anything.
Agree with everything but Loftus-Cheek being in the squad, he hasn't been that good, you just remember a couple of good games of his in Europe

Reactions: gary69 and Jussi

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So true. :laugh:

I only watch some clips if Youtube recommends them I don't go out of my way to look for them. Unless Arsenal lose, then I'm off to AFTV ASAP (among many other people). :laugh:
Meh, AFTV doesn't really have anybody interesting anymore. Stricto and Lee (in terms of entertainment) are probably the best of the bunch, but they don't come close to Troopz, Claude, and DT (wank). The best one is Graham though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad