Prospect Info: 2023-24 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe

JJDrums

Oct 27, 2015
Cambridge, Ontario
Amazing and disappointing how the Kings went from the best prospect pool with a cupboard of draft picks to where they are now. Watching the playoffs also highlights 1: The Kings have no plan on how to develop a team 2: the Kings' complete inability to draft and develop players

Hopefully moving out Kaliyev (who will turn into a solid 2nd/3rd liner with 30 goals a year elsewhere) and a few others will help reset the future. Running the same team back for Sept is not going to go over well.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Amazing and disappointing how the Kings went from the best prospect pool with a cupboard of draft picks to where they are now. Watching the playoffs also highlights 1: The Kings have no plan on how to develop a team 2: the Kings' complete inability to draft and develop players

Hopefully moving out Kaliyev (who will turn into a solid 2nd/3rd liner with 30 goals a year elsewhere) and a few others will help reset the future. Running the same team back for Sept is not going to go over well.
I think you nailed on the head...BLuc are clueless in LA and its on them that the team went backwards and went into Cap hell where they had give away players and draft choices galore just to be little under...I see more give aways...and still on the Prospect front LA is lacking RWingers so what do they do they let Arvidsson go free...piss off Chromiak and not sign Simontaival...just utter horseshit in Blake's corner...but he has a plan to give away more so the Kings get Ullmark for a year...no wonder MIke Futa left the sinking ship

Reactions: steepdrop

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

To end the year though, the Kings had 3 prospects winning championships:
Jared Wright - University of Denver Pioneers, NCAA
Hampton Slukynsky - Fargo Force, USHL
Kaleb Lawrence - London Knights, OHL

Last game of the Memorial Cup. Combine and interviews happening soon. Teams will finish their lists, then the draft at the end of the month.

As teams have meetings hoping to get a better idea of who may be on the Kings' radar.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Mania was pretty disappointing this year, right?
He missed time due to recovering from surgery.

Does anyone know what's going on with Krill Kirsanov and when do we lose his rights. When he was drafted I thought Yannetti mentioned he wanted to play in the Nhl.
Russia doesn't have a transfer agreement, so the Kings have his rights indefinitely until a signed contract expires.

For example, the Kings still have the rights to Dergachev and Shafigullin. But they've never signed a contract with LA. Because Prokhorkin signed a contract with the Kings, came over, and his contract expired, LA no longer owns the rights to him.

Kirsanov stated in an interview last year that he wants to play in the NHL. John Hoven reported recently that he's expected to attend dev camp.

Reactions: Schrute farms

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024

Russia doesn't have a transfer agreement, so the Kings have his rights indefinitely until a signed contract expires.

For example, the Kings still have the rights to Dergachev and Shafigullin. But they've never signed a contract with LA. Because Prokhorkin signed a contract with the Kings, came over, and his contract expired, LA no longer owns the rights to him.

Kirsanov stated in an interview last year that he wants to play in the NHL. John Hoven reported recently that he's expected to attend dev camp.
That's great, hopefully he does come over, it really could strengthen that left side with Dvorak that seems to be lacking right now
Thx for the info

Reactions: King'sPawn

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
So Blake starts the 2024-25 season early with the 1 way signing of Andre Lee not to be confused with the other guy from the NYIslanders!He's deal 1 year and $775,000...too bad Andre didn't stay in College for another 2 years he would have been better for it...as it sits he a long long long shot to make it

A signed contract for Kirsanov means 1 more year and it will be with coach and Legend Igor Larionov's team Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Do they not still own his rights? I presume you mean Simontaival? Or is he now UFA?

Just a question about the process really and when his contract termination is enacted.
My understanding was that June 1st was the expiration date for his rights.

CapFriendly no longer lists him on the reserve list.
This is correct. Simontaival, Markkanen, Meehan, and Doyle can now sign with any team.

Reactions: kinghock

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
My mistake. CapFriendly is usually pretty good about keeping these dates updated. And Meehan is listed at August 15th: Los Angeles Kings Reserve List Players - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Though it raises a point that a player must sign by the time they complete their senior season. He's done 4 years. Is there a way to go for a 5th year but completed your senior year? I legit don't know.

Doyle I forgot he only completed 3 college years.

Either way, sorry I jumped the gun on the college players. But the aforementioned Europeans are free agents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad