Annoying TV commercials during Stanley Cup playoffs - US and Canada

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The one they call "Cabbie"? :laugh:
Ha! Cabbie the Clown is in it. Sobyea thats the gambling app ad I was referring to. But there's a guy and girl duo behind him at the sports desk Theyvare ususllybonbdpirtsdesk right after early games. ....the idiot guy makes a fool of himself with the "you know you wanna tap that app"
Can't recall his name.....if I ever knew it?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I wouldn't know because I don't watch commercials.

I start the game an hour and a half late and then generally get done watching at roughly the same time as everyone else. Except during that hour and half when you are watching commercials, talking heads, and national anthems, I am doing some else that I would prefer doing - something that benefits myself in some way as opposed to some billionaire douche.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Does anyone else get a kick outta these heritage canada ads? You have some serious shit like a life changing diabetes treatment, and a hockey team going to fight in a world war. But then the 3rd one is just... "look everyone, some women played baseball!!!"

I dunno, if I was a female I'd find that almost kinda demeaning that they put the bar that low
Even aside from that (and I agree), the way the commercial is formatted is just so dumb and obnoxious.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

I thought the Tom Longboat one was pretty good/cool though. Never heard of him before.

Reactions: JKG33

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Even aside from that (and I agree), the way the commercial is formatted is just so dumb and obnoxious.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

I thought the Tom Longboat one was pretty good/cool though. Never heard of him before.

"Do people come to watch you......perform? :naughty: "

Yeah, it's pretty cringe. Could've done a much better job telling a true story there - unless that was word-for-word how her turn on that show actually went, which is entirely possible. :laugh:

I like the Tom Longboat one, and thanks to Letterkenny I'm a big fan of anything Jared Keeso does so seeing him show up in the Falcons tribute is pretty cool too.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad