Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXV

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Until he proves to me otherwise, I'm going to consider him a villain because his and his family's way of doing business was the tipping point of getting the franchise relocated and forcing Shane Doan out of the Valley.

It's damned easy to lose trust and damned hard to gain it back. I'm not saying it's impossible, but Meruelo's got a long road ahead if he's going to earn back even a fraction of my trust.
Damn right. Even if he gets the team back which I consider little to no chance, best case scenario we're a decade away from being able to be relevant. Probably very few of the few posters we have here will even care or hell, be alive by then. In the same time period, Utah will probably have at least a few deep playoff runs if not better outcomes if Armstrong continues at the helm. f*** the Meruelos.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Damn right. Even if he gets the team back which I consider little to no chance, best case scenario we're a decade away from being able to be relevant. Probably very few of the few posters we have here will even care or hell, be alive by then. In the same time period, Utah will probably have at least a few deep playoff runs if not better outcomes if Armstrong continues at the helm. f*** the Meruelos.
Uncle Gary should do us a solid and reinstate Vegas expansion rules for the year the Yotes comeback (IF they come back).

Reactions: Summer Rose

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Found this while playing around with some other research. Bobby Clarke is my all time favorite NHL player bar none. He was the man I tried to emulate growing up, playing the game. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it also.

Edit: If the length of the interview discourages you, or don't give a rip about Bobby Clarke, I'd urge giving this a listen anyway because he speaks about how the game used to be played and the players' mindset then. And if you never had the opportunity to see and the Broad Street Bullies play, I'm sorry, because you really missed something.

Last edited:

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I assume this will go away like the Coyotes, so I will share a story from yesterday.

When I was 13 there was a 4 year old boy 2 houses up that was terminally I'll with cancer. I used to play with him when he was well enough, knowing he had a limited time and trying to make the best for him.

About a week before he passed, I bought him a stuffed animal. A duck. I meant to give it to him, but I was a kid and decided to play with friends instead. Then one morning I saw a hearse drive by.

I kept that duck. It reminded me that you can't wait. There may be no tomorrow. A

I did three combat tours in the Persian Gulf and lost that duck alone the way. But the meaning has never left me.

I told that story to my daughter and we cried. She made me promise I would find his mom and tell her this story. I did and we cried together. Her son is not forgotten.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I assume this will go away like the Coyotes, so I will share a story from yesterday.

When I was 13 there was a 4 year old boy 2 houses up that was terminally I'll with cancer. I used to play with him when he was well enough, knowing he had a limited time and trying to make the best for him.

About a week before he passed, I bought him a stuffed animal. A duck. I meant to give it to him, but I was a kid and decided to play with friends instead. Then one morning I saw a hearse drive by.

I kept that duck. It reminded me that you can't wait. There may be no tomorrow. A

I did three combat tours in the Persian Gulf and lost that duck alone the way. But the meaning has never left me.

I told that story to my daughter and we cried. She made me promise I would find his mom and tell her this story. I did and we cried together. Her son is not forgotten.
Well..... you just teared me up brother. Even though it didn't go as you had hoped, what you did for that young boy, particularly at the age of 13 is borderline heroic to my way of thinking. May God bless you man.

Last edited:

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Here's what I want to say to new boyfriend meeting me:

Hi, nice to meet you :)

If you f*** with my daughter, you will end up missing. I won't threaten you or anything. You'll just end up missing one day.

What I end up saying:

Hi, nice to meet you :)

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Found this while playing around with some other research. Bobby Clarke is my all time favorite NHL player bar none. He was the man I tried to emulate growing up, playing the game. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it also.

Edit: If the length of the interview discourages you, or don't give a rip about Bobby Clarke, I'd urge giving this a listen anyway because he speaks about how the game used to be played and the players' mindset then. And if you never had the opportunity to see and the Broad Street Bullies play, I'm sorry, because you really missed something.

Good interview. My favorite team at the time. Remember when the Flyers were in to playoffs, Tom and Chester Lysiak had a party at their parents house and I was the only one cheering for the Flyers.:laugh:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Good interview. My favorite team at the time. Remember when the Flyers were in to playoffs, Tom and Chester Lysiak had a party at their parents house and I was the only one cheering for the Flyers.:laugh:
Posted that mostly for you, had a feeling you would enjoy, even if no one else did! Glad to hear you liked it and that you cheered for them, they were my favorite at the time also, didn't hurt that the team I played on at the time was the Aurora Flyers.

Glad TL liked it as well, don't know if the youngsters can relate to us, or Bobby for that matter. :)

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Posted that mostly for you, had a feeling you would enjoy, even if no one else did! Glad to hear you liked it and that you cheered for them, they were my favorite at the time also, didn't hurt that the team I played on at the time was the Aurora Flyers.

Glad TL liked it as well, don't know if the youngsters can relate to us, or Bobby for that matter. :)

I never saw a lot of interviews but the stories you heard in how things were in the 60's versus how they are now are legendary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad