GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Vegas players after TD: Holy crap, we are 10M over the cap and are going to kick some asses!

Vegas players after being eliminated in Rd 1: Holy crap, we are 10M over the cap and a whole bunch of us are going to get culled!
I was thinking that as well right after I celebrated thier loss.
They are going to have to make some serious adjustments to get under the cap next season.

That is really satisfying to think about.

Last edited:

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Part of me wants to be excited for how Vegas has to bend over to get under the cap next year, but McCrimmon is a wizard and will easily find someone to bail him out.

Reactions: bellagiobob

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Did the Vegas starting 20 go over the cap limit? we need a math check

The dressed roster last night comes in at 85,166,667 million with Lehner (@5 million) on LTIR still so in the spirt of compliance would be under the cap, if the cap and LTIR applied in the the post season.

The real issue here is that with Stone on LTIR the Knights were able to pick up Hanifin and Hertl with that space till the end of the season even after acquiring 2.8 million in Mantha a few days earlier.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Given what they had to endure, I think Vegas should be given the Oilers spot in the next round. And the Oilers 2025 1st round pick in compensation just to get them back on their feet.

Another stellar performance by AP by the way. Other than his NMC making it very tough to trade him, I would have guessed he would be gone. Right now I am thinking they will do something like Marner at 25% for Theodore since they can't resist getting the shiniest new toy. Theodore is one year from going UFA and looking at a big raise. He has also been replaced on the pp by Hanifin so the idea would be to sell high.

Last edited:

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It was in the bad start someone was implying that Connor wouldn't be putting up with losing in Edmonton much longer and would want out.
If he wants out then he will also want to take Drai with him so some team out there will have to come up with about 28M cap space ---so we'll see. Meantime Leaf fans can watch the Oiler series and dream of the Summer of Love, their last great hurrah.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The dressed roster last night comes in at 85,166,667 million with Lehner (@5 million) on LTIR still so in the spirt of compliance would be under the cap, if the cap and LTIR applied in the the post season.

The real issue here is that with Stone on LTIR the Knights were able to pick up Hanifin and Hertl with that space till the end of the season even after acquiring 2.8 million in Mantha a few days earlier.
Looking at Vegas’s stat lines, I see Mantha only played three games. Did he get hurt or was he scratched?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
GM3GyfsWAAAqhMZ

Bye Vegas! Go LTIR yourself by slipping on a golf ball at the golf course now Stone!

awesome-yes.gif

Lol at all those fairweather clowns. Think its time for them to get humbled. Never even seen flame fans act so stupid when it was the BOA playoffs.

How did Jack Campbell make the top 2? lol

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

In other words, the other bums should have made sure they played a lower team.

I was going to say, in other words, "maybe we shouldn't have cheated the system again, and I should have played when I was healthy in March and we could have been seeded higher. LMFAO.

Part of me wants to be excited for how Vegas has to bend over to get under the cap next year, but McCrimmon is a wizard and will easily find someone to bail him out.
1715010068959.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad