Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh, there was an avalanche alright, in room 212 at the Hilton.

But seriously, f*** addiction. I hope he defeats his demons.

For his sake I hopehe gets the help that he needs. It’s interesting to see the difference between a fringe guy being caught doing the stuff and somebody with star power. One gets immediately blackballed and bought out, the other one gets sent off to a program and can return in six more months .

Last edited:
Reactions: NotABadPeriod

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If the Rags lose this series, is he still in the Conn Smythe conversations? They haven’t awarded that to someone on a losing team since… Roger Crozier with Detroit?????
A loser won't get Conn Smythe without making the Final. Giguere in 2003 was the most recent, Hextall (1987), Leach (1976), Hall (1968), and Crozier (1966) are the others, all lost in the SCF though.

This would be way too early for a Conn Smythe winner to lose.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Sake, he gets the help that he needs. It’s interesting to see the difference between a fringe guy being caught doing the stuff and somebody with star power. One gets immediately blackballed and bought out, the other one gets sent off to a program and can return in six more months .

I read the first word as Japanese rice wine and thought you were suggesting he use that as a chaser.

But yes, he needs help, obviously. I hope he gets it.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
1715655824029.png

I just flipped this game on. Wtf is happening?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: Ehran

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Casey needs to engage Mittelstadt mode for the Avs to get back into this game

Wyatt Johnson is a wagon.

And Toews is out and also the crazy Nichushkin thing with the Avs - guy was tied for the goal scoring lead in the entire NHL playoffs and now he's done.
The kid is unreal..

Reminds you of Drury or Pavelski where he is just always in the right place at the right time and the puck just always finds his stick

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Casey needs to engage Mittelstadt mode for the Avs to get back into this game

The kid is unreal..

Reminds you of Drury or Pavelski where he is just always in the right place at the right time and the puck just always finds his stick

How did he make it to the 23rd pick in 2021? Dallas has a way finding these guys.

Man that lost Covid OHL season really skewed the projections.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Sake, he gets the help that he needs. It’s interesting to see the difference between a fringe guy being caught doing the stuff and somebody with star power. One gets immediately blackballed and bought out, the other one gets sent off to a program and can return in six more months .

I’ve always had a problem with the lack of clarity regarding the messed up situation he just happened to end up in last year- the league provided no clarity, and were the league to have any real cultural relevance it’d be a problem. The league, ironically, won’t have any real relevance until it deals with said problems.

Seriously ridiculous that this dude has likely struggled for a year, Kuznetsov for 2+, and the league just says “fineee, if you really need help after video and/or documentation that you need help.. sure. We’ll make it punitive. Happy recovery!”

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2