Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Further from the truth for the best defenceman on the ice this series
Not close. Hughes is a shadow of himself. Actually he could hide the shadow of most of these players.

Hey, just because Soucy is getting a hearing does it automatically mean he gets a suspension Or is it that IF they do give one there is a limit to the number of games?

After acknowledging Zadorov's complicity in the play how can they give Soucy full responsibility? If Soucy hits his chest then no penalty right?

And that McD heard the whistle and took his frustration out on Soucy AFTER the end of the game, he could have broke Soucy's hand AFTER the game ended.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Let the Canucks lose their cool even after winning the game. That kind of fragility usually sorts itself out, i.e. losing Games 4-6 and being ousted.
So what exactly are you trying to defend? Your own fan base are the ones complaining about the non presence of your own team in trying to help him. Like if you have your own agenda to try and prove yourself right based on your logic, ok cool you win. But yea I'll let my Neanderthal team act like Neanderthals, and let your fanbase complain about it and why their team isn't acting like Neanderthals too.

Fragility can be defined in many ways, whether it's lack of discipline, or lack of courage to fight back. I know if I was on a side, I know which side I'd rather have backing me.

As for winning or losing, hopefully it's my team, but I'm not so daft to try and throw presumptions one way or the other. See you game 4

Reactions: theguardianII

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think the range I'm comfortable with (as a bit of an outsider) is a heavy fine to a 1 game suspension.

It doesn't warrant nothing at all, and 2 games it too punitive as well I think, particularly in the playoffs.

I mean wasn't the standard set with Rielly?

5 games.

The standard for hitting guys in the back of the head after they score a goal?

How is that relevant here?

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I think the range I'm comfortable with (as a bit of an outsider) is a heavy fine to a 1 game suspension.

It doesn't warrant nothing at all, and 2 games it too punitive as well I think, particularly in the playoffs.

Heavy fine… so like 5k?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
McDerpid.PNG

After the incident

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

crosscheck's to the head after a goal? ya...that's the same.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
crosscheck's to the head after a goal? ya...that's the same.

How is cross-checking a guy skating away after they score the same as cross-checking a guy after they slash you with their stick?

Not to mention, Rielly was aiming for the head area while Soucy clearly wasn't, because McDavid was at about half his height after Zadorov hit him from behind.

It's a terrible equivalence and everyone knows it.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
So do I, but I'd say it happens for a lot of offences. It's a chaotic mess out there.

Whenever you commit an infraction, there's always the possibility that, for whatever reason, the consequence is more serious than your original intent.
McD breaks Soucy's hand out of frustration? That kind of more serious?
So what exactly are you trying to defend? Your own fan base are the ones complaining about the non presence of your own team in trying to help him. Like if you have your own agenda to try and prove yourself right based on your logic, ok cool you win. But yea I'll let my Neanderthal team act like Neanderthals, and let your fanbase complain about it and why their team isn't acting like Neanderthals too.

Fragility can be defined in many ways, whether it's lack of discipline, or lack of courage to fight back. I know if I was on a side, I know which side I'd rather have backing me.

As for winning or losing, hopefully it's my team, but I'm not so daft to try and throw presumptions one way or the other. See you game 4
Tarzans vs Janes. Too many Janes on that team.

Hey maybe the Oilers should start playing like they have their 3rd string goalie in net, maybe they will be better at keeping the puck out.
They can't score, by direct shot, more than 3 goals against the Canucks without Cole putting a couple in the net by accident. So maybe try harder to keep the puck out.

Fragility mentally as well. Doubt they will win. The Canucks had a decade of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The Oilers are charging the net more and more, eventually it will result in a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad