OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
I saw that long ago and always had Ritchson as a “why isn’t this guy doing more?” actor. Guy commits to his roles, can make some pretty unfunny stuff funny (and I like Blue Mountain State), and he’s got a good look.

I believe I read that he came into that show and his role was originally pretty small but not long after shooting they realized they wanted him in a lot more of the show.

He was good in a Syfy show named Blood Drive as well. That’s another show that has a script that can be awkward at times but he made it work, even though it was him having to play more serious.
I got that feeling that they had to write him in more as the season progressed because he went from supporting character to one of the main guys. To me, he’s what John Cena wishes he could be. Ritchson has way more talent and acting chops.

Reactions: Devils731

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Caught up some movies that have been on my backlog for a bit.

Rebel Moon part 2 - I don’t get it. I’m still very early on but I forced myself through the first 1 that I didn’t think very highly of and the 2nd gives me the same feeling. This one will probably get buried and I may or may not get back to it.

The Iron Claw - about halfway through but from the start the quality and acting stands out in a positive way.

Talk to Me - excellent. Low budget scary movie currently streaming on Max. First time “big movie” directors that got their start from hitting it big on YouTube with Starwars vs Harry Potter type gags of their friends attacking each other.

Madame Web - I don’t know how movies like this keep getting made. It’s as if the people involved with the movies creative decisions have zero knowledge of the characters involved and just make a completely different movie based on what they want to see. The directing is so confusing and nauseating. Some of the main actresses have come out and flat out said they were lied to about what the project was going to be and it shows. This movie was like an amateurish low budget fan film. Sony strikes again.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
We watched Ricky Stanicky the other day.

I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s good but if you want a light-weight Hangover knockoff that moves quickly and has some laughs then this will be fine for an evening. The script can be pretty bad at times but the actors do a good job selling it, imo.

———————-

We also watched Shogun last week, which we loved. It had the second best slow walking scene in recent memory, very close to the House of the Dragon scene, and that’s a high bar.

I wonder if Shogun was helped getting recognition for its quality because the show being mostly subtitles means people have to pay attention and can’t allow themselves to be distracted by their phones.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Caught up some movies that have been on my backlog for a bit.

Rebel Moon part 2 - I don’t get it. I’m still very early on but I forced myself through the first 1 that I didn’t think very highly of and the 2nd gives me the same feeling. This one will probably get buried and I may or may not get back to it.

The Iron Claw - about halfway through but from the start the quality and acting stands out in a positive way.

Talk to Me - excellent. Low budget scary movie currently streaming on Max. First time “big movie” directors that got their start from hitting it big on YouTube with Starwars vs Harry Potter type gags of their friends attacking each other.

Madame Web - I don’t know how movies like this keep getting made. It’s as if the people involved with the movies creative decisions have zero knowledge of the characters involved and just make a completely different movie based on what they want to see. The directing is so confusing and nauseating. Some of the main actresses have come out and flat out said they were lied to about what the project was going to be and it shows. This movie was like an amateurish low budget fan film. Sony strikes again.

I really enjoyed talk to me too, the opening scene was absolutely wild.

I haven't bothered with Rebel Moon yet because I had read something about like a longer directors cut or some bs and I figured I'd just wait for that.

Really enjoyed Iron Claw but I did know most of the story going into it. The guy who plays Ric Flair is one of the worst acting jobs I've ever seen though lol

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I really enjoyed talk to me too, the opening scene was absolutely wild.

I haven't bothered with Rebel Moon yet because I had read something about like a longer directors cut or some bs and I figured I'd just wait for that.

Really enjoyed Iron Claw but I did know most of the story going into it. The guy who plays Ric Flair is one of the worst acting jobs I've ever seen though lol
I don’t think I’ve come across the Ric Flair actor as of yet.

Yea the director of Rebel Moon agreed with Netflix to create a PG13 and R rated version of his movie as he was filming. I think I’m just going to wait till the R rated versions come out and start again but even then, I fear that the storytelling is being done half assed and I’m not sure how an R rating is going to help that or how a PG13 hindered it in the first place.

Talk to Me… absolutely great way to set the tone and get right to the story while also leaving some suspense/confusion for what was yet to come.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don’t think I’ve come across the Ric Flair actor as of yet.

Yea the director of Rebel Moon agreed with Netflix to create a PG13 and R rated version of his movie as he was filming. I think I’m just going to wait till the R rated versions come out and start again but even then, I fear that the storytelling is being done half assed and I’m not sure how an R rating is going to help that or how a PG13 hindered it in the first place.

Talk to Me… absolutely great way to set the tone and get right to the story while also leaving some suspense/confusion for what was yet to come.

If you like horror my favorite of 2023 was When Evil Lurks, it's subtitled but also had some wild moments.

My most anticipated horror movie of 2024 is Longlegs, their marketing campaign for it has been actual teaser trailers and they just released a full trailer and it doesn't give away anything. Like Nick Cage is in it and they aren't even showing him in it, just used his voice...

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If you like horror my favorite of 2023 was When Evil Lurks, it's subtitled but also had some wild moments.

My most anticipated horror movie of 2024 is Longlegs, their marketing campaign for it has been actual teaser trailers and they just released a full trailer and it doesn't give away anything. Like Nick Cage is in it and they aren't even showing him in it, just used his voice...

I don’t watch a ton but my wife loves them so I will watch one with her from time to time. We watched It Follows earlier in the year and I really enjoyed that too.

Going to watch this trailer now, as I’ve been hearing about it and forgot to watch!

Reactions: Satans Hockey

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019

my most anticipated horror film of the year easily! I haven't watched the trailer.. I think I want to go into it knowing as little as possible. though I'm getting silence of the lambs vibes

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad