Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Maybe Miller. Not Dom

There is no miller/hasek class! There’s about three classes in between those two. But I can get aboard being in the miller class
Alright, what I meant was, 'great Sabre goalies who were one of the faces of a generation of the team'.

Not to start some unnecessary debate on Miller vs the greatest goalie ever. They both were key cogs to successful teams and have numbers retired. That's where I was going with this.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Alright, what I meant was, 'great Sabre goalies who were one of the faces of a generation of the team'.

Not to start some unnecessary debate on Miller vs the greatest goalie ever. They both were key cogs to successful teams and have numbers retired. That's where I was going with this.

How dare you leave out NHL record holder Markus Ketterer?!

• Haha
Reactions: KiwiGriff and Ehran

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
The Sabres did quite a bit more wrong than right in 2023-24.

The decision to finally send DL27 to Rochester sits high on the "right" side. Highest = realizing UPL1 was their No.1.

Devon has gotten the equivalent of a full developmental year in less than 40 games. He has seen a ton of rubber, and just about every game since late February has had a playoff-type feel to it.

The future goalie situation in Buffalo is strong as I can remember. I do not believe what we saw from Luukkonen, and are seeing from Levi, can be considered a fluke. These two a very good now, and are eligible to get better.

Devon may have a train wreck in game five on Friday, but that won't shake my belief he will be an excellent 1B next season in Buffalo. And if he shines against the Crunch and the Amerks pick him up, another grinder of a series awaits. Good stuff.

Reactions: oldgoalie

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
The Sabres did quite a bit more wrong than right in 2023-24.

The decision to finally send DL27 to Rochester sits high on the "right" side. Highest = realizing UPL1 was their No.1.

Devon has gotten the equivalent of a full developmental year in less than 40 games. He has seen a ton of rubber, and just about every game since late February has had a playoff-type feel to it.

The future goalie situation in Buffalo is strong as I can remember. I do not believe what we saw from Luukkonen, and are seeing from Levi, can be considered a fluke. These two a very good now, and are eligible to get better.

Devon may have a train wreck in game five on Friday, but that won't shake my belief he will be an excellent 1B next season in Buffalo. And if he shines against the Crunch and the Amerks pick him up, another grinder of a series awaits. Good stuff.
Including BUF, ROC and playoffs, he's played 53 games so far and still going. They handled this a bit ass backwards, but it will turn out to be an excellent development year for Levi.

Reactions: Snippit

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
He looked pretty good in his second stint in Buffalo too.

At this point I think if we find a back-up to UPL, the reality is he will probably be worse than Levi. We’d probably be calling up Levi to start the games where UPL sits.

Reactions: HOOats and Dingo44

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
There is no miller/hasek class! There’s about three classes in between those two. But I can get aboard being in the miller class
Im trying to remember back how Miller looked for the Amerks. Levi may end up between Miller and Hasek. Exciting stuff even if he is around Miller's level!

He looked pretty good in his second stint in Buffalo too.

At this point I think if we find a back-up to UPL, the reality is he will probably be worse than Levi. We’d probably be calling up Levi to start the games where UPL sits.
Give UPL 50-55 games and Levi the rest. Adjust the amount of games according to how they play. A true 1A/1B system. Levi is tearing it up in the AHL.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Im trying to remember back how Miller looked for the Amerks. Levi may end up between Miller and Hasek. Exciting stuff even if he is around Miller's level!

Give UPL 50-55 games and Levi the rest. Adjust the amount of games according to how they play. A true 1A/1B system. Levi is tearing it up in the AHL.

This is Lindy Ruff we are talking about. Plus UPL does not do well in a 1a/1b

It likely will be 60-65/12-22 the split between the two

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007

Yeah, Lindy always seemed terrible at working in the backup goalie in his tenure here.

After wins, he would state "I wanted keep Miller in there and not disrupt things after a win"
After a loss, he would state "I wanted to put Miller back out there and get us back in the win column"

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Yeah, Lindy always seemed terrible at working in the backup goalie in his tenure here.

After wins, he would state "I wanted keep Miller in there and not disrupt things after a win"
After a loss, he would state "I wanted to put Miller back out there and get us back in the win column"
Yes, but most coaches were like that back then. The league has changed with regards to optimal goalie usage.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Except in the 7 seasons he hasn't been the Buffalo HC, he only did that once. And it was his first season in Dallas.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

What are you basing that on? He's never really been in that situation.

He's only played two seasons in the NHL. His best one of the two was this past season when he was part of a three headed monster in net. He started out as the #3 and emerged as the clear #1 and a workhorse by midseason.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

He's only played two seasons in the NHL. His best one of the two was this past season when he was part of a three headed monster in net. He started out as the #3 and emerged as the clear #1 and a workhorse by midseason.
I'm pretty sure that UPL has even come out himself and said that he seems to perform better when there's a 2nd goalie pushing him for playing time.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

he was really good last year when Comrie was out and he was the unquestioned number 1. His play dropped off when he was splitting time when Comrie came back

This year, he was his best when he was playing nearly every night, and was more inconsistent when splitting time with Levi

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad