Dubois

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Pierre joined an illustrious group of players who joined the Kings and immediately forgot how to score. Yet he hasn’t gotten the slack that his predecessors received.

Shows you how even the strongest copium becomes impossible to recycle after awhile.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Saw some of our hero in international competition at the world chanpionships while playing for team canada.
Let me just say the much talked about change in his play hasnt happened yet. In fact, his play is just about the same as we saw over the regular season. Not impressive.

Reactions: johnjm22

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Saw some of our hero in international competition at the world chanpionships while playing for team canada.
Let me just say the much talked about change in his play hasnt happened yet. In fact, his play is just about the same as we saw over the regular season. Not impressive.
I think the lazy label is overblown from his exit from Columbus. A guy who doesn’t care about hockey wouldn’t fly to the other side of the world to play for free in a tournament that nobody in North America cares about.

He’s simply not that good. He can’t play lower in the lineup and can technically fill the 1C role on a handful of teams but any team that has him there won’t be any good. A modest 60ish points is the ceiling for him going forward assuming everything goes right and is advantageous for him. Blame Bluc more than PLD at this point since they’re the ones who made this mid af player the highest paid guy on the team.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think the lazy label is overblown from his exit from Columbus. A guy who doesn’t care about hockey wouldn’t fly to the other side of the world to play for free in a tournament that nobody in North America cares about.

He’s simply not that good. He can’t play lower in the lineup and can technically fill the 1C role on a handful of teams but any team that has him there won’t be any good. A modest 60ish points is the ceiling for him going forward assuming everything goes right and is advantageous for him. Blame Bluc more than PLD at this point since they’re the ones who made this mid af player the highest paid guy on the team.
He’s not a 1C and I don’t think he should be expected to be one. The problem is he wasn’t even a 2C last season.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He's had similar issues with every team going all the way back to junior. It's not the system.
I think how he is used within the context of the systems affects his production but his issues with intensity then compound it. If used correctly, to get the best out of him, he will be a 30/30 guy - maybe. The problem is that he has demonstrated a whole bunch of other problems that prevent him having the needed 40/40 upside.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
my hope is for oour sweet pierre to do some soul searching in the offseason, spend some time quietly thinking over life choices and considering his new found ability to do whatever he wants in life.
Self actualize pierre! find a hobby you enjoy and persue it full time. because your interest is obviously somewhere else than your chosen employment.
some suggestions might be dancing or modeling the latest mens fashions. something more gentle and introspective seems more youre style.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
nope, he's a middling middle six winger and if he were paid as such and talked about as such no one would care
Yeah we would. With the intensity he has shown so far he’d rightly be the whipping boy, no matter where he played. That’s the frustrating thing though because that’s all he needs to become a great player. Intensity.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah we would. With the intensity he has shown so far he’d rightly be the whipping boy, no matter where he played. That’s the frustrating thing though because that’s all he needs to become a great player. Intensity.

That's what i mean though, there are plenty of players just like him. Dustin Penner. Kyle Wellwood. Guys who annoy their teams with fantastic skillsets and questionable diligence--but don't come with draft pedigree, 8 year contracts, and trades of lots of assets. He'd get rightful shit, but not a (appropriate for the occasion of course) mountain of it.

Reactions: Statto

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
All Blake had to do last summer is dump Walker, Durzi, and Iafallo, and re-sign Vilardi to the exact deal he’s on now in Winnipeg. Some combination of

Moore-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi

Would have been fine for a top six. In fact, it probably would’ve been far better than what we had this year. If Byfield continues to struggle at C, then put Danault back at #2C and nothing changes from 22/23. The search continues. We could’ve retained space for a possible goaltender pickup and continued nurturing a young, hungry core of Vilardi, Byfield, etc.

It’s all spilled milk at this point, but it’s shocking how simple and easy this would’ve been.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
All Blake had to do last summer is dump Walker, Durzi, and Iafallo, and re-sign Vilardi to the exact deal he’s on now in Winnipeg. Some combination of

Moore-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi

Would have been fine for a top six. In fact, it probably would’ve been far better than what we had this year. If Byfield continues to struggle at C, then put Danault back at #2C and nothing changes from 22/23. The search continues. We could’ve retained space for a possible goaltender pickup and continued nurturing a young, hungry core of Vilardi, Byfield, etc.

It’s all spilled milk at this point, but it’s shocking how simple and easy this would’ve been.

yeah but what was Blake supposed to do?!?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Moore-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Vilardi

They seemed deadset in wanting a center. And if they were so deadset on that you could've retained Vilardi, traded Iafallo and/or Kupari and signed a 3rd line center in Free Agency for half the price of Dubois, like what the Stars did with Duchene. It didn't have to be Duchene, but someone in that vein. I don't know why it had to be Dubois

Or they could've done what you suggested and gone after a goalie and tried Byfield back at center. It really doesn't seem like they managed their cap spending wisely last offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad