Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Feels necessary to insert into the record that he was one of our worst forwards in the ten games before THE FIGHT. He lucked into a couple of goals that buoyed some opinions of him, but his game was broken from the jump this season. I understand the urge to pin his struggles on the injury and it certainly didn't allow him to correct his course in a timely manner, but it wasn't the cause.

He had maybe six encouraging weeks when the rest of the team was showing life around February that give me hope that he can get back to what he does well moving forward.
sophomore slumps are a thing

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
sophomore slumps are a thing
That's a... fair enough summary of my six week old post, I suppose? Although I'm not sure if sophomore slumps are actually a regular thing or just a rhetorical reflex when they happen. Definitely not sure that 40% decreases in goal scoring are the norm.

Like I said, I saw enough posts lamenting THE FIGHT derailing his season that it felt appropriate to note that he was just as lost before THE FIGHT.

But after a decent finish to the year and his excellent WC, I remain hopeful "that he can get back to what he does well moving forward."

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
That's a... fair enough summary of my six week old post, I suppose? Although I'm not sure if sophomore slumps are actually a regular thing or just a rhetorical reflex when they happen. Definitely not sure that 40% decreases in goal scoring are the norm.

Like I said, I saw enough posts lamenting THE FIGHT derailing his season that it felt appropriate to note that he was just as lost before THE FIGHT.

But after a decent finish to the year and his excellent WC, I remain hopeful "that he can get back to what he does well moving forward."
never even checked the date :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad