If Travis Greene Gets Hired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Made the playoffs once in 6 seasons as a head coach.

If the Devils aren't interested in him after he took over as interim Head Coach there, what does that tell you?

The one time Green made the playoffs was also during the pandemic, and at the time of the pandemic, and the shutting down of the NHL season, IIRC, Markstrom was injured and the Canucks actually weren't in a playoff spot. Canucks sort of got saved by the pandemic and the play in.

As a Canucks fan, and I can say this with confidence, Green sucked basically his whole time in Vancouver. Perhaps he will be better for Ottawa but he was a terrible coach here, and frankly, I have no idea how any team would hire him as a head coach after his time in Vancouver, and then his time as an assistant in New Jersey. Very strange, and probably unfortunate for you fine folks.

EDIT: I will say one more thing as a Canucks fan, but Green was a terrible development coach, and basically the only young players that succeeded under Green (e.g., Pettersson, Hughes) were stand out excellent players the moment they stepped on the ice for the Canucks. Green was terrible at developing anyone that wasn't already a good NHL player the moment they started playing for the Canucks.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
homie has a losing record in the NHL. :/

hoping for the best but man we need someone who can put these players in their place.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
I've gotten so apathetic about the sens in the last few years that I legitimately don't even care if they hire this turd.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Did this guy not get fired twice in the last 2 seasons? Am I missing something here?

Reactions: aragorn

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Maybe they need someone disposable who will just be an absolute asshole to the players to see which players have what it takes to become winners in this league.

That's my only theory.

• Haha
Reactions: aragorn and Sting

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
The only hope is this owner really doesn't like leaks so maybe he pulls the offer and goes another direction.

Or maybe it's Claude Julien but they wanted everyone on board, so they offered up a worse choice first.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The Sens looking for a coach didn't move the excitement needle much for me but lets hope it's just a bad rumor. Why would they pick a loser coach when they just fired one. It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad