Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the Wheat Kings have a guy around there, an RHD. I think his surname is Elick, or something like that.

Charlie Elick - ranked 29 in the consolidated rankings.
Probably doesn't fall to 37 but that is not so far that we couldn't trade up if he was still available around 29.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
DD is looking for a long term deal.
I wouldn't give hime more than 4 years...no more than 5m and that is too much.

Is Samberg consistent enough to be a solid 2LHD?
Do we have a true 2RHD in the system?

I'd go after Pesce and offer him serious money over 7 years. I think he'd be the perfect partner for JMo. I'm not sure if the Canes will open their wallet for him after paying Skjei and a few others that need a new deal. Also, Aho's 9.75m starts next season.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
DD is looking for a long term deal.
I wouldn't give hime more than 4 years...no more than 5m and that is too much.

Is Samberg consistent enough to be a solid 2LHD?
Do we have a true 2RHD in the system?

I'd go after Pesce and offer him serious money over 7 years. I think he'd be the perfect partner for JMo. I'm not sure if the Canes will open their wallet for him after paying Skjei and a few others that need a new deal. Also, Aho's 9.75m starts next season.
Samberg is a 2LHD

Pay him like a good 2RD. 3 or 4 years x 4-4.5 mil.
I'd rather limit the term to 3 years. He just turned 31 yesterday so he would be 34 when that ended. So probably need to go to 4.5 to get that term. If he regresses and ends up playing 3RD for some part of that term it is still tolerable compared to paying near 6 mil for a 3rd pair D for a few years. :laugh:

That is still not 1st pair money. If someone else wants to pay more we might have to part ways. Is some other GM going to pay him 5.5-6 mil because they know he has played top pair here?
At 4.5 and he slows down in year 3 and 4 it will be a better situation we have with schmidt right now.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Pay him like a good 2RD. 3 or 4 years x 4-4.5 mil.
I'd rather limit the term to 3 years. He just turned 31 yesterday so he would be 34 when that ended. So probably need to go to 4.5 to get that term. If he regresses and ends up playing 3RD for some part of that term it is still tolerable compared to paying near 6 mil for a 3rd pair D for a few years. :laugh:

That is still not 1st pair money. If someone else wants to pay more we might have to part ways. Is some other GM going to pay him 5.5-6 mil because they know he has played top pair here?
I could see him getting 5 plus in free agency, but if we can get him under 5 I would definitely bring him back.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
At the moment, I think DD and his agent know that they have the Jets by the short hairs.

The options at Right D are sparse, to be kind.

We have a few prospects on the horizon, but no one banging on the door for next season.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
At the moment, I think DD and his agent know that they have the Jets by the short hairs.

The options at Right D are sparse, to be kind.

We have a few prospects on the horizon, but no one banging on the door for next season.
I think the league, agents included, have learned to not underestimate Chevy when he appears to have his back up against the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad