Player Discussion JT Miller Thread

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Another neat o post by the big man him self!
You’ve been annihilated in this thread like usual. You’ve swallowed about 80 or 90 crows and had the beaks shoved up your ass and the feathers made into a hat.
Oh you wonderful little you.

Who knows what kind of team we have right now if we dont try to force playoffs with moves like the Miller trade while failing miserably.

Yes. We got good value for what we gave. In a vacuum.
No. Making that trade when it was made still does not make ANY LOGICAL SENSE AT ALL.

Why is this so difficult for 99,9% of posters here to comprehend?
Take a knee. You’re like Dana Murzyn after he got throttled by Shayne Corson.

‘I gotsta be right on a message board’

Reactions: Nomobo

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
When every fan in Vancouver said trade him.

With all the drama that was going in on Vancouver, Miller was one of the most disliked players on the team last year. Especially when he hit his stick on the net to tell Delia to go to the bench. The fact that he was 30 years old and the Canucks had another failed season re-signing him seemed it made 0 sense.

Then they ended up signing him to an 8 year deal and trading our home grown captain in Horvat.

This is why none of us can ever be a GM no matter how smart we think we are.
Thing is we don’t have inside info that GMs have for their own players. There is context to everything and when we look from the outside, we don’t have that.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
You’ve been annihilated in this thread like usual. You’ve swallowed about 80 or 90 crows and had the beaks shoved up your ass and the feathers made into a hat.
I have no trouble admitting I got Miller completely wrong. Why would that mean Im "Annihilated."

Most of the league got Miller wrong too when our current management tried to trade him.
Take a knee. You’re like Dana Murzyn after he got throttled by Shayne Corson.

‘I gotsta be right on a message board’
Buddy boy. You getting in to one of your moods again? We both know thats no good for anyone.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I have no trouble admitting I got Miller completely wrong. Why would that mean Im "Annihilated."

Most of the league got Miller wrong too when our current management tried to trade him.

Buddy boy. You getting in to one of your moods again? We both know thats no good for anyone.
You’re cute when you get mad. Are you enjoying the teams success or is misery more your deal?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Dimbo Tocchet Miller, each played a hand in this story.

Dimbo, massive win trade, huge props, aged so very very well, why couldn't he make trades like this more often...

Tocchet, without know exactly what goes behind the scene, I can still tell that he is a coach who installed not only Miller but the whole team with an invigorating culture of accountability and discipline, which turned out to be the perfect environment for a player like Miller.
And speaking of which...

Miller, what a guy he's become. After his arrival, it didn't take long for me to notice that his passion was like a raging blaze, consuming anything it touched. His plays improved steadily, but I was seriously worried about his attitude becoming the kind of violitility that will rip the team into pieces. Then Tocchet came along, and all of a sudden, the wild and untamed raw emotions were calmed and focused into a laser beam. Major credit to Miller for recognizing and changing himself into a player who is now the thundering pulse of the organization. Tocchet could work his magic, but it was Miller himself who walked through the door.

Hope to have the best of his plays for years to come. We did and will still need him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad