Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
definitely think it wouldn’t be for much. Don’t even think they’d get a second rounder for him. Maybe a 4th and a 5th lol
Noah Van Vliet is likely worth a 4th and maybe a 5th or a 6th. In 2019 the Petes gave up a 4th for Hudson Wilson who is similar type player.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I don't think Sudbury can trade for him - I believe it has to be 13 months after the trade to Kingston - not sure if that applies to imports too
Brantford is looking at making a push this season, so I am sure they're looking for better than Chromiak. They would also be a team that an aspiring Euro would not mind playing for.

MY QUESTION IS STILL STANDS.

What kid with NHL dreams wants to be drafted and signed by a team that has already stated that it has 2 players who will report?

I can see possibly 1 kid but there is no way you are going to get a second pick to report

Noah Van Vliet is likely worth a 4th and maybe a 5th or a 6th. In 2019 the Petes gave up a 4th for Hudson Wilson who is similar type player.
The challenge is that there is a glut of OA LHD available right now and that it is not going to be a seller's market but a buyer's market.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Brantford is looking at making a push this season, so I am sure they're looking for better than Chromiak. They would also be a team that an aspiring Euro would not mind playing for.

MY QUESTION IS STILL STANDS.

What kid with NHL dreams wants to be drafted and signed by a team that has already stated that it has 2 players who will report?

I can see possibly 1 kid but there is no way you are going to get a second pick to report

The challenge is that there is a glut of OA LHD available right now and that it is not going to be a seller's market but a buyer's market.
A 4th might be too much for Van Viet. A 5th may be all Sudbury can get for him.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They may get Adam jiracek.

All they have to do is draft a goalie and then use the rest of their picks to build the rest of the roster. They’re going to be good if they get him. Before injury he was in talks to go first round. Not sure what happens now

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Unsure if this has been asked but what happens if Kingston gets pieniniemi to come, trades Chromiak or releases him, and hemstrom makes the decision to come back. Are they still able to make a draft pick with their first rounder since pieniniemi is NHL affiliated?

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Talk about people embarrassing themselves. I just listened to a podcast with 3 experienced hockey reporters and then gave credit for Sam Benetts Junior development to Doug Gilmour. Forget the fact that what he learned he got from Todd Gill

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Believe the NHL combine is done

Battaglia: 6’0.50, 202lbs

19th in aerobic fitness test duration

7th in v02max

24th in wing span

11th in left hand grip

18th in right hand grip

Frasca: N/A

23rd in left hand grip

Pretty good showing by Battaglia. Thought Frasca would do better